Discord is one of the free VoIP applications available that’s popular among the gaming community. On a Windows PC, you can use the web app or dedicated app to do voice chats or send text messages to your video game teammates thus creating a lively game community. While this is quite a stable platform there are some issues that you might experience with it. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will show you how to disable Discord on startup.
If you have any issues with your computer or Android device then feel free to contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concerns that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
How To Disable Discord On Startup
There are several reasons why you will want to disable Discord from startup. If you don’t want to use this software immediately then you definitely don’t want it to run automatically. To stop this application from starting automatically just follow the steps listed below.
Turn off auto start from Discord
- Open Discord
- Click on the User Settings (gear icon). This should be on the right side of your avatar.
- Select Windows Settings from the left pane
- Toggle off Open Discord option from the section System Startup Behavior
This is the first method to disable Discord on startup.
Turn off auto start from Task Manager
- Open Task Manager on your Windows PC.
- Once Task Manager is opened click on More Details
- From the tabs, select Startup.
- Search for Discord and you will see that in Status Tab, it is Enabled.
- While Discord is selected, click on the Disable button at the bottom right hand of the Task Manager window.
- Autostartup for Discord will now be disabled.
This is the second method to disable Discord on startup.
Engage with us
Feel free to send us your questions, suggestions and problems you’ve encountered while using your Android phone. We support every Android device that is available in the market today. And don’t worry, we won’t charge you a single penny for your questions. Contact us using this form. We read every message we receive but can’t guarantee a quick response. If we were able to help you, please help us spread the word by sharing our posts with your friends.