Windows 10 is the newest version of the Windows operating system which was first released in 2015. This was made as a free upgrade to people who were running Windows 7 or Windows 8 on their computers. It has several new features that makes it a popular choice. One such feature is the ability to use multiple monitors. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will show you how to change the primary monitor on Windows 10.
If you have any issues with your computer or Android device then feel free to contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concerns that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
How To Change the Primary Monitor on Windows 10
- Right-click anywhere in the Desktop and select Display Settings.
- You will see all the detected displays in various graphical shapes. You can easily distinguish the screens from one another. Select the display which you want to set as the primary display.
- Go down the screen and select Make this my main display.
- If you see the Make this main display grayed out, it probably means that the current monitor which you are trying to set as the primary display is set already.
Take note that if you have a dedicated graphics card and are using its application then this might be overriding the system’s default display settings. You will need to change the primary monitor using your graphics card application.
You should also make sure to correctly set the viewing mode.
- Open Settings.
- Click on System.
- Click on Display.
- Under the “Select and rearrange displays” section, select the monitor that you want to adjust.
- Under the “Multiple displays” section, use the drop-down menu to set the appropriate viewing mode, including: (Duplicate desktop — Shows duplicate desktop according to the description), (Extend — Expands the primary desktop to the display currently selected), (Disconnect this display — Turn off the selected monitor.)
Engage with us
Feel free to send us your questions, suggestions and problems you’ve encountered while using your Android phone. We support every Android device that is available in the market today. And don’t worry, we won’t charge you a single penny for your questions. Contact us using this form. We read every message we receive but can’t guarantee a quick response. If we were able to help you, please help us spread the word by sharing our posts with your friends.