Twitch is a popular online streaming platform which was founded in 2011 and has more than 15 million daily active users today. Initially it featured only video games but lately it has expanded its content to include artwork, music, and TV shows among others. Although this is a solid platform there are instances when certain issues can occur. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the 2000 network error on Twitch issue.
If you have any issues with your computer or Android device then feel free to contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concerns that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
How To Fix The 2000 Network Error On Twitch Issue
There are two possible reasons why you will be experiencing this problem. It could be caused by an issue with the server or a local computer issue. If this is caused by a server issue then there’s really nothing much you can do but wait for Twitch to fix the problem. If this is caused by an issue on your local computer then you can fix this by following the troubleshooting steps listed below. Before proceeding with the steps listed below try to restart your computer first. This will refresh the operating system and usually fix common computer issues such as this.
Check your Internet connectivity
If your computer has suddenly gone offline then you will experience this issue. Try to check if your computer has internet connectivity by browsing other websites. If you can’t access other websites in your computer then you should troubleshoot the internet connectivity issue.
Delete your browser cookies
Cookies are small pieces of information which certain website store in the browser of your computer which remembers your specific settings.
Some of the benefits of cookies are as follows
- Cookies store your login state. Without them, you wouldn’t be able to log into websites.
- Cookies store preferences on websites. You couldn’t change settings and have them persist between page loads without cookies.
- Cookies allow websites to provide personalized content.
There are however instances when cookies can cause issues on your computer which is why you should delete this from your browser.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More.
- Click More tools and then Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files,” check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
- On your computer, open Firefox.
- Select the 3 horizontal bars (Open menu) at the right corner of Firefox.
- Select Options.
- Select Privacy & Security.
- Select Clear Data.
- Make sure the box labeled Cookies and Site Data is checked, then select Clear.
- On your computer, open Edge.
- Select Settings and more (3 horizontal dots) from the top right corner of MS Edge.
- Select Settings.
- Under Clear browsing data, select Choose what to clear.
- Make sure the box labeled Cookies and saved website data is checked then select Clear.
Check if the 2000 network error on Twitch issue still occurs.
Add Twitch to the exception list in your antivirus
There are instances when the antivirus program on your computer can interfere with the way Twitch works. If this is what’s causing the problem then you will need to add Twitch to the exception list.
- Open the antivirus user interface by double-clicking its icon in the system tray. You can also try searching for it in the Start menu.
- The Exception setting is located in different places for the different antivirus tools. For Kaspersky: Home >> Settings >> Additional >> Threats and Exclusions >> Exclusions >> Specify Trusted Applications >> Add. For AVG: Home >> Settings >> Components >> Web Shield >> Exceptions. For Avast: Home >> Settings >> General >> Exclusions.
Once you have added Twitch to the exception list try to check if the 2000 network error on Twitch issue still occurs.
Disable antivirus temporarily
Sometimes this problem can be caused by the antivirus software that your computer is using. To check if this is what’s causing the problem you should temporarily disable the antivirus software from your computer. Since there are different antivirus software available you should check the documentation of the software you are using for instructions on how to disable it.
Once the antivirus has been disabled try to check if the issue still occurs.
Try using the desktop version of Twitch
If the problem keeps on occurring on the browser version of Twitch then you should try to use the desktop client which you can install. This client works similarly as the browser version but with offers a better overall experience.
- Head over to https://download.twitch.tv to download the Twitch App.
- The page will recognize your OS is Windows and the download link will be for Windows. Click on DOWNLOAD NOW.
- You may get a popup to confirm the download and save the file. Choose Save File and allow it to download.
- Once download there will be a TwitchSetup.exe file waiting for you. Double-click to run it.
- You may receive a Security Warning confirming if you want to run this exe file.
- If you are prompted to click on Run to confirm, and the application will start running.
- Another window will pop up shortly to get the installation process started. To begin, click on Install.
- Allow the Twitch App to prep and install the application. This can take a few minutes.
- Once it has completed, you will receive a new popup to launch the Twitch App. If you are ready to get started using the Twitch App click on Launch.
- The Twitch App will now launch, you will see some animations, then it will bring you to the login screen.
- Use your Twitch Account Username and your password to log in.
Check if the 2000 network error on Twitch issue still occurs.
Engage with us
Feel free to send us your questions, suggestions and problems you’ve encountered while using your Android phone. We support every Android device that is available in the market today. And don’t worry, we won’t charge you a single penny for your questions. Contact us using this form. We read every message we receive but can’t guarantee a quick response. If we were able to help you, please help us spread the word by sharing our posts with your friends.