Discord is a VoIP application that primarily caters to gamers as it allows them to communicate easily. On a Windows PC, you can use the web app or dedicated app to do voice chats or send text messages to your teammates. While this is quite a stable platform there are some issues that you might experience with it. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will show you how to configure push to talk Discord.
If you have any issues with your computer or Android device then feel free to contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concerns that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
How To Configure Push To Talk Discord
The first thing you will need to do is to enable the push to talk feature in Discord.
- Look for your username in the bottom left corner of the screen. Tap on the settings icon next to it.
- Scroll down and tap on Voice & Video (Voice).
- Click tick the box next to Push to Talk to enable this feature.
Once push to talk has been enabled you can now configure it.
- Go to Settings and scroll down to the Keybinds section.
- Tap on Add a Keybind (top-right corner).
- Choose Push to Talk as the action.
- Click on Record Keybind and press the key that you want to use as a Push to Talk toggle.
- Hit Stop Recording to save your preference.
- Now go back to Settings > Voice ( Voice & Video). Directly under where you previously enabled Push to Talk, you should notice a little slider called Push to Talk Release Delay. Adjust this setting. The lowest value is 20 ms, but you can increase this so you don’t interrupt yourself by mistake.
The above steps are how to configure push to talk Discord.
Engage with us
Feel free to send us your questions, suggestions and problems you’ve encountered while using your Android phone. We support every Android device that is available in the market today. And don’t worry, we won’t charge you a single penny for your questions. Contact us using this form. We read every message we receive but can’t guarantee a quick response. If we were able to help you, please help us spread the word by sharing our posts with your friends.