The #Samsung #Galaxy #A9 is one of the latest models in the A series of devices which was be released last year. This phone has the distinction of being the world’s first smartphone that sports four rear cameras allowing for excellent quality photos to be taken. It has a 6.3 inch Super AMOLED display which is a good size to view multimedia content comfortably. Under the hood is the Snapdragon 660 processor combined with 6GB of RAM. Although this is a solid performing device there are instances when certain issues can occur which we will be addressing today. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the Galaxy A9 app notification not working issue.
If you own a Samsung Galaxy A9 2018 or any other Android device for that matter then feel free to contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concern that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
How To Fix Samsung Galaxy A9 App Notification Not Working
Problem: Hello, I have a Samsung Galaxy A9 and the problem that I’ve been having for quite a few weeks now. I have a notification problem, where on only certain apps (ex. snapchat and Instagram) these are the main 2 apps my notification sound will not go off and my sound is on for. I’ve been trying for a while to figure out the problem and I can’t find anything that could be the problem and this notification problem only started happening just recently. I also don’t really want to uninstall the apps either. I have also checked the individual app notifications and everything is normal. I dont know whats wrong. Please help.
Solution: Before performing any troubleshooting steps on this phone it’s best to make sure that it is running on the latest software version. If an update is available then I suggest that you download and install it first.
As this is most likely caused by a software glitch we will be concentrating our troubleshooting efforts on the software side of the device.
What you should do right now is to check the app notification settings of the phone and make sure that it is turned on.
- Open Setting and select ‘Apps’
- Select the application from which you want to receive notifications.
- Tap ‘Notifications’.
- Tap ‘App notifications’ and slide the switch to activate it.
You should also make sure that the lock screen notification of the phone is activated.
- Go to Settings then Lock screen.
- Tap Notifications.
- Make sure the Notification switch is on.
In case the issue still persists then you should proceed with the additional troubleshooting steps listed below.
Perform a soft reset
You will need to do a soft reset which is usually done to fix an unresponsive device but will also work in this case as the phone software will be refreshed. To do this just hold the power button and the volume-down button for around 10 seconds. Let go of the buttons once you feel the device vibrate and see the Samsung Galaxy A9 logo on the screen. Your phone will then reboot. Try checking if the issue still occurs.
Start the phone in Safe Mode
Sometimes an app you downloaded from the Google Play Store can cause this particular problem. The best way to check if an app is causing the problem is to start the phone in Safe Mode since only the pre-installed apps are allowed to run in this mode.
- Turn the phone Off
- Press and hold “Power”
- At the “Samsung” logo, release “Power” and immediately press and hold “Volume down”
- After the phone finishes rebooting, release the keys. A “Safe Mode” watermark should be visible in the lower area of the home screen
If the issue does not occur in this mode then you should find out what app is causing the problem and uninstall it.
Wipe the cache partition of the phone
The phone will usually store cached data of apps in a special partition of its internal storage. This cached data allows the phone to open apps quickly making for a better mobile experience however there are instances when the saved data can become corrupted which can cause issues on the device. To eliminate this factor you will need to wipe the cache partition of the phone.
- Turn the phone Off if necessary
- Press and hold “Power” “Volume down” and “Home”/”Bixby” at the same time
- At the Android screen, release the buttons and wait for access to Android Recovery
- Press “Volume down” to navigate the menu to highlight “Wipe cache partition”
- Press “Power” to select the highlight
- Finally, highlight “Reboot system now” and press “Power”
Check if the issue still occurs.
Perform a factory reset
One last troubleshooting step that you should consider doing is a factory reset. This reverts your phone to its original factory condition. Make sure to backup your phone data before doing this step as it will be deleted in the process.
- Turn off the phone.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the green Android logo displays, release all keys (‘Installing system update’ will show for about 30 – 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight ‘wipe data / factory reset’.
- Press Power button to select.
- Press the Volume down key until ‘Yes — delete all user data’ is highlighted.
- Press Power button to select and start the master reset.
- When the master reset is complete, ‘Reboot system now’ is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
After the reset do not install any apps in your phone just yet. Try to check first if the issue still occurs.
Engage with us
Feel free to send us your questions, suggestions and problems you’ve encountered while using your Android phone. We support every Android device that is available in the market today. And don’t worry, we won’t charge you a single penny for your questions. Contact us using this form. We read every message we receive but can’t guarantee a quick response. If we were able to help you, please help us spread the word by sharing our posts with your friends.