Do you have a wifi problem? Don’t worry, wifi troubles are often simple issues that can fixed easily. In this post, we’ll show what to do if your Galaxy A90 wifi won’t connect or work.
Before we proceed, we want to remind you that if you are looking for solutions to your own #Android issue, you can contact us by using the link provided at the bottom of this page. When describing your issue, please be as detailed as possible so we can easily pinpoint a relevant solution. If you can, kindly include the exact error messages you are getting to give us an idea where to start. If you have already tried some troubleshooting steps before emailing us, make sure to mention them so we can skip them in our answers.
Real fix for Galaxy A90 wifi won’t connect | wifi not working
Wifi issues are some of the common problems in Android. If wifi won’t connect on your Galaxy A90, find out what to do in the troubleshooting below.
Galaxy A90 wifi won’t connect fix #1: Verify wifi is working
If you find out that your Galaxy A90 wifi won’t connect or not working, the first troubleshooting step that you must do is to check whether it has something to do with your wifi network or not. To do that, you can check it using another wireless device. If you have another phone or laptop, try to connect to the same wifi network you’re having a problem with and see if the issue occurs. If it does, then the problem has something to do with your router or internet service. To fix it, try to restart the router and see what happens. If the problem remains, talk to your internet service provider for help. Alternatively, you can try to confirm whether it’s a wifi issue by connecting your S10 to another router. If wifi works on the second network, then that means there’s no problem with your device at all.
Galaxy A90 wifi won’t connect fix #2: Forced reboot
This is one of the basic troubleshooting steps that you need to do when troubleshooting any Android issue. It’s simple and often effective in dealing with minor bugs and fixes. In most instances, wifi troubles are temporary and caused by an app or software bug. Make sure to perform this troubleshooting step in this case. Here’s how: press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power key at the same time for 10 seconds or until the device’s screen turns on.
If doing the regular restart won’t help, then try this:
- Press and hold the Volume Down button first and don’t release it.
- While holding it down, press and hold the Power key.
- Keep both keys held down for 10 seconds or more.
The second restart procedure tries to simulate the effects of removing the battery pack. On older devices, disconnecting the battery is often an effective way in fixing unresponsive devices. Hopefully, your wifi troubles will get fixed by this procedure. If nothing changed though, proceed to the next suggestions.
Galaxy A90 wifi won’t connect fix #3: Forget wifi
Disconnecting from a problem wifi network is often an effective way to fix Samsung Galaxy wifi woes. Simply tap the wifi icon and disconnect the device from the network. After that, restart the phone and see if that fixes the problem. If not, proceed to the next steps.
Galaxy A90 wifi won’t connect fix #4: Refresh system cache
If the wifi on your Galaxy A90 won’t connect after installing an update, there may be a problem with the system cache. This is a special set of temporary files that Android uses to load apps quickly. Sometimes, updates may not proceed as planned and cause bugs. If the issue started after updating the device, you can consider there’s a system cache problem at hand. Follow the steps below to refresh the system cache.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the green Android logo displays, release all keys (‘Installing system update’ will show for about 30 – 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight ‘wipe cache partition’.
- Press Power button to select.
- Press the Volume down key until ‘yes’ is highlighted and press the Power button.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
Galaxy A90 wifi won’t connect fix #5: Reset network settings
Resetting a device’s network settings is one of the most important troubleshooting step that you need to do in this case. By doing this, you are effectively wiping all network configurations including all the wifi networks saved as well as their passwords. To clear network settings:
- Open Settings app.
- Tap General management.
- Tap Reset.
- Tap Reset Network settings.
- Tap RESET SETTINGS button to confirm.
- Restart your S10 and check for the problem.
Galaxy A90 wifi won’t connect fix #6: Check on Safe Mode
Sometimes, a third party app may be installed and cause a problem. To check if you have a third party issue, you can boot the phone to safe mode. While Safe Mode is active, only preinstalled apps will run. This means that if wifi works normally on this mode but not while on normal mode, a bad third party must be causing the trouble. These are the steps to restart to safe mode:
- Turn the device off.
- Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen appearing on the screen.
- When SAMSUNG appears on the screen, release the Power key.
- Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
- Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
- When Safe mode appears in the bottom left corner of the screen, release the Volume down key.
- While in Safe mode, use wifi again and see if the problem returns.
To identify which of your apps is the source of trouble, you must use elimination method. Here’s what you can do:
- Boot to safe mode.
- Check for the problem.
- Once you’ve confirmed that a third party app is to blame, you can start uninstalling apps individually. We suggest that you begin with the most recent ones you added.
- After you uninstall an app, restart the phone to normal mode and check for the problem.
- If your A90 is still problematic, repeat steps 1-4.
Galaxy A90 wifi won’t connect fix #7: Install updates
Keeping the software environment of your Galaxy A90 up-to-date is important. Not only do updates bring cosmetic changes but they also fix known bugs. Although not generally known by many Android users, installing updates sometimes also bring needed fixes for known bugs. Make sure that you don’t delay the installation of any system or app updates. By default, your tablet should notify you of any available updates but in case you turn this mechanism off, it’s high time that you manually check for them.
To check for Android or system update:
- Open Settings app.
- Tap Software update.
- Tap Download and install.
- Wait for the device to check for updates.
- Install the update. If there’s no new update, your phone should tell you so.
For carrier-branded Galaxy A90 devices, or those that were provided by your carrier, there may not be an option to manually check for updates. All you have to do is to simply confirm if there’s a notification for an update and allow update installation.
To check for app updates:
- Open Play Store app.
- Tap More settings icon (at the upper left).
- Tap My apps & games.
- Tap Update all button.
Galaxy A90 wifi won’t connect fix #8:Factory reset
If nothing has worked so far, the final troubleshooting step that you can do is factory reset. This will return all software settings to their defaults. If the cause of the problem is software-related, factory reset might help. Below are the two ways to factory reset your Galaxy A90.
Method 1: How to hard reset on Samsung Galaxy A80 via Settings Menu
This is the easiest way to wipe your Galaxy A90. all you have to do is to go under Settings menu and follow the steps below. We recommend this method if you have no trouble going under Settings.
- Create a backup of your personal data and remove your Google account.
- Open Settings app.
- Scroll to and tap General management.
- Tap Reset.
- Select Factory data reset from the given options.
- Read the information then tap Reset to continue.
- Tap Delete All to confirm action.
Method 2: How to hard reset on Samsung Galaxy A90 using hardware buttons
If your case is that the phone is not booting up, or it boots but Settings menu is inaccessible, this method can be helpful. First, you need to boot the device to Recovery Mode. Once you successfully access Recovery, that’s the time that you begin proper master reset procedure. It may take some tries for you before you can access Recovery so be patient and simply try again.
- If possible, create a backup of your personal data ahead of time. If your problem prevents you from doing that, then simply skip this step.
- Also, you want to make sure that you remove your Google account. If your problem prevents you from doing that, then simply skip this step.
- Turn off the device. This is important. If you can’t turn it off, you’ll never be able to boot to Recovery Mode. If you are not able to shut the device off regularly via the Power button, wait until the phone’s battery is drained. Then, charge the phone for 30 minutes before booting to Recovery Mode.
- Press and hold the Volume Up button and the Bixby button at the same time.
- While still holding the Volume Up and Bixby keys, press and hold the Power button.
- The Recovery screen menu will now appear. When you see this, release the buttons.
- Use the Volume Down button until you are highlighting ‘Wipe data/factory reset.’
- Press the Power button to select ‘Wipe data/factory reset.’
- Use Volume Down to highlight Yes.
- Press the Power button to confirm factory reset.
Engage with us
If you are one of the users who encounters a problem with your device, let us know. We offer solutions for Android-related problems for free so if you have an issue with your Android device, simply fill in the short questionnaire in this link and we will try to publish our answers in the next posts. We cannot guarantee a quick response so if your issue is time sensitive, please find another way to resolve your problem.
If you find this post helpful, please help us by spreading the word to your friends. TheDroidGuy has social network presence as well so you may want to interact with our community in our Facebook and Google+ pages.