Are you having trouble charging your device? You’ve come to the right website. In this troubleshooting episode, learn how to fix Galaxy A90 if it stops charging for no obvious reason.
Before we proceed, we want to remind you that if you are looking for solutions to your own #Android issue, you can contact us by using the link provided at the bottom of this page. When describing your issue, please be as detailed as possible so we can easily pinpoint a relevant solution. If you can, kindly include the exact error messages you are getting to give us an idea where to start. If you have already tried some troubleshooting steps before emailing us, make sure to mention them so we can skip them in our answers.
How to fix Galaxy A90 stops charging | charging not working
If your Galaxy A90 stops charging and you don’t know how to deal with it, follow the suggestions below.
Galaxy A90 stops charging fix #1: Check for hardware damage
One of the common causes for Samsung Galaxy devices to suddenly stop charging is bad hardware. If your Galaxy A90 stops charging after the phone was dropped or hit by something hard, it’s possible that you hardware malfunction is causing the problem. In this case, the best thing that you can do is to let a professional take a look. You can do that by visiting your local Samsung store or Service Center.
If your phone was never dropped or damaged, continue with the rest of the troubleshooting below.
Galaxy A90 stops charging fix #2: Charge device
Sometimes, a device’s battery may have simply lost too much battery power that it won’t be able to power back on. Lithium-based batteries don’t really lost all power when battery indicator reaches 0%. There’s remaining power in the battery’s circuit that makes it ready to receive another charge. Sometimes, if there’s not much remaining power, it may take some time to charge the device in order to jumpstart the system. Make sure to charge the device for 30 minutes at the least before you attempt to power it back on. If you’ve already tried that, continue with the troubleshooting steps below.
Galaxy A90 stops charging fix #3: Confirm charging accessories are working
The next good thing to do is to check the charging cable and adapter. One of the common reasons for a lot of charging problems is using bad charging accessories. Make sure that you check yours to help you save time and effort. To do that, you can try to use another set. If you have a family member with the same device, try to use his or her charging cable and adapter and see if that will jumpstart charging. If you can’t readily find a charging cable or adapter, visit your local Samsung store to try their own accessories.
Galaxy A90 stops charging fix #4: Check the port
If your Galaxy A90 stops charging for no apparent reason and you can’t still figure out the cause at this point, the next thing that you want to do is to check the charging port. If you’ve confirmed that there’s no issue coming from your charging accessories, the next step would be to ensure that the charging port is not blocked. Sometimes, dirt or lint may get inside the port and prevent the cable from connecting properly. To check the port, you can use a magnifying tool. If there’s obvious sign of dirt or lint inside, use a can of compressed air to clear it out.
This troubleshooting step does not encourage you to do anything drastic. The aim is to do a visual check. If you think that the port is bad because you can see something out of ordinary in it, refer the problem to Samsung. Do not try to open the phone to confirm your suspicion. You don’t want to damage the system by inserting anything inside. This might damage the port or compromise the water resistance protection in place.
Galaxy A90 stops charging fix #5: Check for Black Screen issue
If your Galaxy A90 stops charging but there are indications that it’s not totally dead at all, you may have a Black Screen issue at hand. This means that the phone is not dead but there may be a problem with its screen. Check for things like LED light, sounds, alarms or vibrations going on. If your phone still makes one of these things, the screen may be bad. Continue with the next troubleshooting step below (forced reboot) to see if you can restart the device. If that won’t work, send the phone in so the screen can be repaired or replaced.
Galaxy A90 stops charging fix #6: Forced reboot
All Samsung devices with power issues can benefit from a restart. Even in this extreme case, you don’t want to skip this simple solution. Here’s what you need to do: Press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power key at the same time for 10 seconds or until the device’s screen turns on.
Should that won’t change anything, you can then try these steps:
- Press and hold the Volume Down button first and don’t release it.
- While holding it down, press and hold the Power key.
Galaxy A90 stops charging fix #7: Observe phone on Safe Mode
If your Galaxy A90 stops charging after you installed an app, there may be a third party app issue you’re dealing with. Try to delete that app and see if that will fix the issue. If you can’t remember any particular app you installed, you can opt to simply restart the device to safe mode. On Safe Mode, all downloaded apps are suspended. This means that if your Galaxy A90 charges on Safe Mode, but returns to its problematic state after restarting it, an app is to blame. Learn how to boot to safe mode below.
- Turn the device off.
- Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen appearing on the screen.
- When SAMSUNG appears on the screen, release the Power key.
- Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
- Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
- When Safe mode appears in the bottom left corner of the screen, release the Volume down key.
- While in Safe mode, you can now uninstall apps that are causing a problem. Uninstall an one app at a time, then check if your phone charges. If that won’t work, continue to narrow down the possible suspect apps.
To identify which of your apps is the source of trouble, you must use elimination method. Here’s what you can do:
- Boot to safe mode.
- Check for the problem.
- Once you’ve confirmed that a third party app is to blame, you can start uninstalling apps individually. We suggest that you begin with the most recent ones you added.
- After you uninstall an app, restart the phone to normal mode and check for the problem.
- If your A90 is still problematic, repeat steps 1-4.
Galaxy A90 stops charging fix #8: Check for water damage
Has your Galaxy device been exposed to water or moisture? If yes, it’s possible that the reason why your Galaxy A90 won’t charge is presence of water in the port. By default, Samsung Galaxy devices won’t proceed with charging if the port is wet. The Galaxy A90 does not enjoy water protection like the Galaxy S and Note models so it’s even possible that there may already be damage to internal components at this time. What you can do now is to wipe the device with clean, soft cloth and let it air dry for several hours. If drying the device this way won’t work, proceed to the next troubleshooting step below.
Galaxy A90 stops charging fix #9: Charge using a computer or power bank
Another possible workaround for this issue is using a computer or a portable charger (power bank). There’s no official explanation from Samsung why this sometimes work but we think a different power output may be a factor. Anyway, this is an easy-to-do trick that we learned with older Samsung Galaxy devices before. If it doesn’t work, simply proceed to the next steps below.
Galaxy A90 stops charging fix #10: Install updates
Keeping the software environment of your Galaxy A90 up-to-date is important. Not only do updates bring cosmetic changes but they also fix known bugs. Although not generally known by many Android users, installing updates sometimes also bring needed fixes for known bugs. Make sure that you don’t delay the installation of any system or app updates. By default, your tablet should notify you of any available updates but in case you turn this mechanism off, it’s high time that you manually check for them.
To check for Android or system update:
- Open Settings app.
- Tap Software update.
- Tap Download and install.
- Wait for the device to check for updates.
- Install the update. If there’s no new update, your phone should tell you so.
For carrier-branded Galaxy A90 devices, or those that were provided by your carrier, there may not be an option to manually check for updates. All you have to do is to simply confirm if there’s a notification for an update and allow update installation.
To check for app updates:
- Open Play Store app.
- Tap More settings icon (at the upper left).
- Tap My apps & games.
- Tap Update all button.
Galaxy A90 stops charging fix #11: Factory reset
If nothing has worked so far, the final troubleshooting step that you can do is factory reset. This will return all software settings to their defaults. If the cause of the problem is software-related, factory reset might help. Below are the two ways to factory reset your Galaxy A90.
Method 1: How to hard reset on Samsung Galaxy A80 via Settings Menu
This is the easiest way to wipe your Galaxy A90. all you have to do is to go under Settings menu and follow the steps below. We recommend this method if you have no trouble going under Settings.
- Create a backup of your personal data and remove your Google account.
- Open Settings app.
- Scroll to and tap General management.
- Tap Reset.
- Select Factory data reset from the given options.
- Read the information then tap Reset to continue.
- Tap Delete All to confirm action.
Method 2: How to hard reset on Samsung Galaxy A90 using hardware buttons
If your case is that the phone is not booting up, or it boots but Settings menu is inaccessible, this method can be helpful. First, you need to boot the device to Recovery Mode. Once you successfully access Recovery, that’s the time that you begin proper master reset procedure. It may take some tries for you before you can access Recovery so be patient and simply try again.
- If possible, create a backup of your personal data ahead of time. If your problem prevents you from doing that, then simply skip this step.
- Also, you want to make sure that you remove your Google account. If your problem prevents you from doing that, then simply skip this step.
- Turn off the device. This is important. If you can’t turn it off, you’ll never be able to boot to Recovery Mode. If you are not able to shut the device off regularly via the Power button, wait until the phone’s battery is drained. Then, charge the phone for 30 minutes before booting to Recovery Mode.
- Press and hold the Volume Up button and the Bixby button at the same time.
- While still holding the Volume Up and Bixby keys, press and hold the Power button.
- The Recovery screen menu will now appear. When you see this, release the buttons.
- Use the Volume Down button until you are highlighting ‘Wipe data/factory reset.’
- Press the Power button to select ‘Wipe data/factory reset.’
- Use Volume Down to highlight Yes.
- Press the Power button to confirm factory reset.
Galaxy A90 stops charging fix #12: Contact Samsung for repair
If your Galaxy A90 still won’t charge after a factory reset, the cause is most likely due to bad hardware. Be sure to contact Samsung so you can set up repair or replacement appointment. Alternatively, you can visit your local Service Center so the device can be physically examined.
Engage with us
If you are one of the users who encounters a problem with your device, let us know. We offer solutions for Android-related problems for free so if you have an issue with your Android device, simply fill in the short questionnaire in this link and we will try to publish our answers in the next posts. We cannot guarantee a quick response so if your issue is time sensitive, please find another way to resolve your problem.
If you find this post helpful, please help us by spreading the word to your friends. TheDroidGuy has social network presence as well so you may want to interact with our community in our Facebook and Google+ pages.