The #Samsung #Galaxy #A9 is the latest model in the A series of devices that has just been recently released in the market. This phone has the distinction of being the first smartphone to sport four rear cameras. Each of these cameras has a specific function making the phone able to take excellent quality photos. Although this is a solid performing phone there are instances when certain issues can occur which we will be addressing today. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the Galaxy A9 not getting notifications issue.
If you own a Samsung Galaxy S9 or any other Android device for that matter then feel free to contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concern that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
How To Fix Samsung Galaxy A9 Not Getting Notifications
Problem: Galaxy A9 here. For the past several days, I have not been getting notifications of any kind. Texts, phone calls, Facebook, anything. Also the badge isn’t appearing. This morning I opened my text app (default) and had 14 texts in 6 conversations. Same with Facebook messenger, Facebook, and all other apps, new items present. Last night I apparently missed a phone call even though it never rang or showed a missed call. The only way I know is because it shows in my recent list. I’ve restarted and checked all the settings and everything appears to be in order. Help?!
Solution: Before troubleshooting this problem the first thing you need to do is to make sure that the phone is running on the latest software version. If an update is available then make sure to download it and install it in your phone. Onc this is done proceed with the troubleshooting steps listed below.
Turn on the notifications of the A9
The first thing you need to do in this case is to make sure that the notification settings of the phone is turned on. If it is off then you won’t be getting notifications from emails ,text messages, or your social media apps.
- Slide your fingers downwards from the top of the screen
- Tap the Settings icon.
- Tap notifications
- Tap the indicator next to ” Allow Notifications” to turn the function on
- Tap the return key twice then turn on the notifications for the other apps.
Start the phone in Safe Mode
Sometimes an app you downloaded can cause this particular problem. To check if this is the case you will have to start the phone in Safe Mode as only the pre-installed apps are allowed to run.
- Turn the phone off.
- Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen appearing on the screen.
- When SAMSUNG appears on the screen, release the Power key.
- Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
- Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
- When Safe mode appears in the bottom left corner of the screen, release the Volume down key.
If the problem does not occur in this mode then it could be caused by an app you downloaded. Find out what app this is and uninstall it.
Perform a factory reset
In case the issue still persists then your last option is a factory reset. Take note that this will erase your phone data so make sure to create backup copy first before proceeding.
- Turn off the phone.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the green Android logo displays, release all keys (‘Installing system update’ will show for about 30 – 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight ‘wipe data / factory reset’.
- Press Power button to select.
- Press the Volume down key until ‘Yes — delete all user data’ is highlighted.
- Press Power button to select and start the master reset.
- When the master reset is complete, ‘Reboot system now’ is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
Engage with us
Feel free to send us your questions, suggestions and problems you’ve encountered while using your Android phone. We support every Android device that is available in the market today. And don’t worry, we won’t charge you a single penny for your questions. Contact us using this form. We read every message we receive can’t guarantee a quick response. If we were able to help you, please help us spread the word by sharing our posts with your friends.