The #LG #G7ThinQ is a flagship phone released recently that has several outstanding features. This phone is made of an aluminum frame with Gorilla Glass 5 on both the front and back. It sports a large 6.1 inch IPS LCD display while under the hood is the powerful Snapdragon 845 processor combined with 6 GB of RAM. Although this is a solid performing phone there are instances when certain issues can occur which we will be addressing today. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the LG G7 ThinQ screen does not stay on issue.
If you own a LG G7 ThinQ or any other Android device for that matter then feel free to contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concern that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
How To Fix LG G7 ThinQ Screen Does Not Stay On
Problem: Brand new LG G7 ThinQ out of the box today and screen won’t stay on. Checked Lock screen time-out and Screen time, adjusted and still doesn’t stay on. Reset didn’t help. What else can I do? This is my 2nd brand new phone that had a problem with the screen staying on beyond a few seconds. For $700+ these phones should not have a problem like this!!!
Solution: Before troubleshooting this problem it’s recommended that your phone should be running on the latest software version. If a software update is available then make sure to install it first.
Properly set the screen timeout settings
The first thing you will need to do in this case is to check the screen timeout settings. This allows you to adjust at what time interval the display will sleep when not in use.
- From a Home screen, navigate: Settings Settings icon > Display.
- Tap Screen timeout then select an option (e.g., 15 seconds, 2 minutes, etc.).
I suggest trying the maximum timeout available then check if the screen will timeout accordingly.
Check if the issue occurs in Safe Mode
When the phone is started in Safe Mode only the pre-installed apps are allowed to run. This makes it easier to check if a downloaded app is causing the problem.
- Make sure that the phone is powered off.
- Press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button until the System recovery screen displays then release both buttons.
- Select Safe mode. Use the Volume buttons to highlight the option and the Power button to select.
- The device starts up with ‘Safe mode’ displayed in the lower-left.
If the problem does not occur in this mode then it could be caused by an app you downloaded. Find out what app this is and uninstall it.
Backup your phone data then do a factory reset
One last troubleshooting step to consider is a factory reset. Make sure to backup your phone data before performing this step as it will be deleted in the process.
Factory reset from the settings menu
- From the Home screen go to Settings.
- Tap the ‘General’ tab.
- Tap Restart & reset.
- Tap Factory data reset.
- If desired, tap the Erase SD card checkbox.
- Tap RESET PHONE > Delete all > RESET
Factory reset using the hardware keys
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons.
- When the LG logo appears, quickly release and then re-hold the Power button while continuing to hold the Volume down button.
- When the ‘Delete all user data (including LG and carrier apps) and reset all settings’ message appears, use the Volume down button to highlight Yes.
- Press the Power button to reset the device.
In case the above steps fails to fix the problem then I recommend that you bring the phone back to the store where you got it. Since it is still under warranty then you should have it replaced with a new one.
Engage with us
Feel free to send us your questions, suggestions and problems you’ve encountered while using your Android phone. We support every Android device that is available in the market today. And don’t worry, we won’t charge you a single penny for your questions. Contact us using this form. We read every message we receive can’t guarantee a quick response. If we were able to help you, please help us spread the word by sharing our posts with your friends.