Welcome to another installment of our troubleshooting series where we aim to help our readers fix the issues that they are experiencing with their #Samsung #Galaxy #S9+. This is one of the latest flagship models of the South Korean company that is best known for having a large 6.2 inch Super AMOLED display and dual rear cameras both of which are optically stabilized. Under the hood is the powerful Snapdragon 845 processor combined with 6GB of RAM. Although this is a solid performing device there are instances when certain issues can occur which we will be addressing today. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle how to recover data from a Galaxy S9+ with a damaged display.
If you own a Samsung Galaxy S9+ or any other Android device for that matter then feel free to contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concern that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
How To Recover Data From A Samsung Galaxy S9+ With Damaged Display
Problem: Hi guys. I have Samsung s9 plus with a cracked screen and i ve got no display problem several weeks after. Phone works, it can turn on, it is responsive to touch, but screen is black. I ve tried all the resets but it is still black. I will go to the service to replace the screen but i need to access the files and do the backup. Problem is my phone is locked and i cannot access it via my PC. I connect Smart Switch but it says phone locked, unlock the phone. How can i do that, is there an app or a software to access my files on the phone. Thanks a lot.
Solution: The Android software is a secure platform that requires a person to validate their identity before any data stored by the software can be accessed. For your phone this means that either of the following can be used to unlock the phone.
- Swipe: Swipe the screen to unlock it.
- Pattern: Create a pattern that you draw on the screen to unlock.
- PIN: Select a PIN to unlock the screen.
- Password: Create a password for unlocking the screen.
- None: No screen lock.
- Intelligent Scan: Use face and iris recognition together for better accuracy and security.
- Face: Use facial recognition to unlock.
- Fingerprints: Use fingerprint recognition to unlock the screen.
- Iris: Use iris recognition to unlock the screen.
To make a backup copy of your phone files when the display is not working you can try to use Smart Switch then if you are required to unlock the phone you should try using your fingerprint.
- Go to the Samsung Smart Switch support website.
- Click on the download link for Windows or Mac
- Click to launch the downloaded .exe file (.dmg on Mac).
- If there is an error that says The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect, download and install this Microsoft Visual C++ package.
- Click the check boxes to verify that you accept the terms of the licence agreement.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish once the installation process is complete.
- Smart Switch will launch in your computer.
- Connect your phone to your computer via USB cable to get started. The program should instantly recognize when it’s connected. You may be prompted to allow USB file transfers on your phone.
- On the Safe Switch software Click Backup.
- You’ll be required to allow access permissions on your phone.
- Pick up your phone.
- Tap Allow. If you have a micro SD card in your phone, you will have the option to back that data up as well.
In case Safe Switch requires you to tap on the phone to allow the backup then you won’t be able to do this since the display is damaged. You should then proceed to the next option which is to use the computer file manager program to browse the contents of the phone and if you are able to view the photos immediately make a copy of these.
If the the above suggestions don’t work then the only way you will be able to retrieve the data stored in the phone is to first have the display assembly of the device replaced.
Engage with us
Feel free to send us your questions, suggestions and problems you’ve encountered while using your Android phone. We support every Android device that is available in the market today. And don’t worry, we won’t charge you a single penny for your questions. Contact us using this form. We read every message we receive can’t guarantee a quick response. If we were able to help you, please help us spread the word by sharing our posts with your friends.