The #Xiaomi #PocophoneF1 is a premium Android smartphone that has flagship specs without the high price tag. This phone has a solid plastic frame with Gorilla Glass protecting the 6.18 inch IPS LCD display. Under the hood is the powerful Snapdragon 845 processor which when combined with its 8GB of RAM makes the device run multiple apps smoothly. Although this is a solid performing phone there are instances when certain issues can occur which we will be addressing today. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the Pocophone F1 battery draining quickly issue.
If you own a Pocophone F1 or any other Android device for that matter then feel free to contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concern that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
How To Fix Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Battery Draining Quickly
Problem: Hello, I’ve had the Pocophone for about a week but recently the battery has been draining too quickly, won’t hold a charge, and keeps draining even when it’s plugged in so I can’t use it. I am using the original charger that came with the phone and I also ordered a replacement charger and cord and it’s still doing the same thing. Even if I have my data and location off and I close background apps it doesn’t help. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Solution: Before troubleshooting this problem you should make sure that the phone is running on the latest software version. You should also make sure that the apps installed in the device are updated. You can check if any app needs an update by opening the Google Play Store then going to the My Apps section.
Start the Pocophone F1 in Safe Mode
The first thing you need to do in this case is to check if an app you downloaded is causing the problem. To do this you will need to start the phone in Safe Mode as only the pre-installed apps are allowed to run in this mode.
- Your device must be powered on.
- Press the power button on phone.
- When the power off, restart, airplane mode, wifi mode, etc. menu will be displayed, release the power button.
- Now, long press the power off word on screen.
- Keep pressing this word until the Android Safe Mode message is being displayed on your phone.
- Select to reboot into Android Safe Mode.
- When done, a dedicated Safe Mode watermark will be displayed on your smartphone
Check if the battery still drains quickly in this mode. If it doesn’t then the problem could be caused by an app you downloaded. Find out what app this is and uninstall it.
Wipe the cache partition of the Pocophone F1
There are instances when corrupt system cached data can cause the battery to drain quickly. To check if this is what’s causing the problem you should wipe the cache partition of the phone from the recovery mode.
- Turn off your phone.
- Now Press and hold Volume UP key + Power Key on your Poco F1 device simultaneously for a while
- Once you see the Pocophone logo, you can release the button.
- The phone is now booted in recovery mode
- Use Volume keys to navigate to the Wipe cache partition option
- To confirm, you can use the Power button.
- Restart your phone
Perform a factory reset on the Pocophone F1
One last troubleshooting step to consider is a factory reset. This will revert your phone back to its original factory condition. Make sure to backup your phone data before proceeding with this step as it will be deleted in the process.
- Turn on the phone
- Please make sure battery capacity more than 50%
- Backup important data of the phone
- Go to Menu : Setting > General Setting > Backup and Reset > Factory Data Reset
- Choose : Reset Device > Delete all
- The XIAOMI POCOPHONE F1 will do the hard reset or master format to factory default process.
You can also use the hardware keys to do a factory reset.
- Turn Off the phone
- Make sure the battery is fully charged
- Press and hold POWER BUTTON + VOLUME UP BUTTON key
- Release all button after the LCD show Recovery Mode
- Use Volume Button to select the option and press POWER Button to Ok or Confirm or Choose. Please choose Wipe all data to finish the Hard Reset or Master Format Steps
- Wait until the phone finishes the process and the device will restart
In case the issue still persists even after performing the steps listed above then you will need to have this checked at a service center as this could already be caused by a faulty hardware component.
Engage with us
Feel free to send us your questions, suggestions and problems you’ve encountered while using your Android phone. We support every Android device that is available in the market today. And don’t worry, we won’t charge you a single penny for your questions. Contact us using this form. We read every message we receive can’t guarantee a quick response. If we were able to help you, please help us spread the word by sharing our posts with your friends.