The #Samsung #Galaxy #S9+ is one of the large Android devices available in the market that offers a truly remarkable experience. As a flagship device, this phone is expected to perform well and it does deliver on almost all fronts. It sports a large 6.2 inch Super AMOLED display which is a good size to view various multimedia content. Under the hood is the Snapdragon 845 processor which when combined with its 6GB of RAM allows the phone to run any app smoothly. Although this is a solid performing device there are instances when certain issues can occur which we will be addressing today. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the Galaxy S9+ keeps on disconnecting from DeX station issue.
If you own a Samsung Galaxy S9+ or any other Android device for that matter then feel free to contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concern that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
How To Fix Samsung Galaxy S9+ Keeps On Disconnecting From DeX Station
Problem: I am trying to use my Galaxy S9+ with a DeX station, but it constantly disconnects. It ran fine the first day I used it for several hours. I have had the DeX station for a week now, with every day after the first experiencing repeated disconnects. The TV will sometimes constantly flicker, and other times it will just sit until I try to do something. I ran an Deezer audio app fine, with the audio output to an external speaker with no interruptions even while the TV screen constantly flickers. The TV is a 32″ Sceptre that is also brand new. It is a TV only, with no smart capabilities and is connected through HDMI. I have one other device connected, a Blu-ray disc player, that has never had any issues. Do you have any suggestions on why it constantly disconnects from the HDMI? I will try to use the device on another TV this weekend, and another DeX station with the Sceptre TV when I am able.
Solution: The DeX station allows you to experience using your phone on a much larger display such as your 32 inch TV. To troubleshoot this issue of the connection between your S9+ and the DeX station disconnecting the first thing that you should do is to make sure that your are connecting the devices properly by following the steps listed below.
- Connect the Charger to the DeX station. Make sure to use the Samsung supplied charger that came with your phone.
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the DeX station HDMI port then plug the other end of the cable into your TV HDMI port.
- It is best to use a wired network by connecting the wired LAN to wired LAN port of the router. You can also use a Wi-Fi network or your mobile device’s wireless data.
- Press on the front of the cover to use the cover as a phone support. The mobile device connector will appear.
- Connect the phone’s multipurpose jack to the mobile device connector on the DeX station. Samsung DeX will launch on the mobile device.
- Select the screen mode you want to use. You can select Samsung DeX mode or Screen mirroring mode. On DeX mode the mobile device’s screen will turn off and appear on the connected TV or monitor in desktop mode. On Screen mirroring mode the same screen as the mobile device will appear on the connected TV or monitor.
If the connection that you made is correct and it still disconnects then proceed with the additional troubleshooting steps listed below.
- Restart your phone, the TV, and the DeX Station then connect all devices again.
- Make sure that your phone is running on the latest software version. If a software update is available then I suggest that you install it.
- Try to check if the issue occurs when the phone is started in Safe Mode. If it doesn’t then it could be caused by an app you downloaded. Find out what app this is and uninstall it.
- Try wiping the cache partition of the phone from the recovery mode.
- Try using a different HDMI cable when connecting the DeX station to your TV.
- To eliminate any software related glitches that could be causing the problem you should backup your phone data then do a factory reset. Once the reset is complete do not install any apps in your phone yet. Try to check first if the issue still occurs.
- Try connecting the DeX station to another TV.
In case the problem is still not resolved after performing the troubleshooting steps listed above then I suggest that you contact a Samsung Service Center.
Engage with us
Feel free to send us your questions, suggestions and problems you’ve encountered while using your Android phone. We support every Android device that is available in the market today. And don’t worry, we won’t charge you a single penny for your questions. Contact us using this form. We read every message we receive can’t guarantee a quick response. If we were able to help you, please help us spread the word by sharing our posts with your friends.