Your LG X Charge is packed with a really huge battery and it’s, in fact, it’s selling point. Smartphone users always love devices that last longer and while the device lives up to the expectations of its owners, there would always come a time that a problem or two may occur. We have received some complaints from our readers that own this device and the most common is that the phone no longer turns on and won’t even respond when charged. The problem immediately puts aside the feature that owners love about this phone.
Don’t worry though, this problem is common and it occurs to anyone regardless of the phone they’re using. While it may seem like a very complicated hardware problem, it’s actually just an issue with the firmware, at least, that’s often the case. So, in this post, I will address this problem so that you can continue using your LG X Charge. I will share with you the solution that we’ve been using to solve problems like this. So, continue reading as this article may help you one way or another.
For smartphone owners who found our site while trying to find a solution, try to see if your phone is one of the devices we support. If it is, then visit the troubleshooting page for that device, browse through it to find issues that are similar with yours and feel free to use our solutions and workarounds. However, if you still need our help after that, then fill up our Android issues questionnaire and hit submit to contact us.
How to fix your LG X Charge that won’t turn on
Assuming that this problem started without apparent reason or cause, then it should be just a minor firmware issue. However, if the phone got dropped on a hard surface, submerged in water for a long time or heating up so fast while charging, then there’s a problem with the hardware. You don’t need to troubleshoot it if that’s the case, instead bring your phone immediately to the shop so that a technician can check it up for you.
For owners who have this problem but are sure that this hasn’t been caused by physical, liquid or battery damage, then try the following procedures…
First solution: Forced restart
Most of the time when a phone stops responding all of the sudden without apparent cause, it’s due to a system crash; it’s when the firmware and hardware stop working properly and leave your phone unresponsive. The symptoms will make you think your phone has a hardware problem but in reality, the forced restart is all you need to make your device work perfectly again. Here’s how…
- Press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power key simultaneously for 10 seconds or more.
If the combination is performed correctly, your LG X Charge will reboot normally and boots up to the Home screen. You can then continue to use it however, there’s no guarantee the problem would never happen again in the future.
On the other hand, if it doesn’t respond to it, then try doing this:
- Press and hold the volume down button and don’t release it.
- Press and hold the power key while holding down the volume down button.
- Keep both keys held down together for 10 seconds or so.
It’s basically the same as the procedure above only that we’re making sure you press and hold the volume down button before the power key because doing it otherwise won’t give you similar result. If your phone is still not respond to this, however, then move on to the next procedure.
Second solution: Try charging your phone and do the Forced Reboot again
Another thing we have to rule out here is the possibility that your phone may have already ran out of juice. I understand you may have already tried charging it to no avail. The thing is, the firmware may have crashed before the device turned off due to a drained battery. In such case, you already have a couple of problems and both may result to an unresponsive device. So, in this section, try doing this:
- Plug the charger to a working wall outlet and make sure you’re using the original wired charger.
- Using the original power / data cable, connect your device to its charger.
- Regardless whether the charging signs are showing or not, allow the phone to be connected to its charger for 10 minutes.
- After which, press and hold the Volume Down button and don’t release it.
- Then, press and hold the Power key while holding down the Volume Down button.
- Keep both keys held down together for 10 seconds or more to simulate battery disconnect.
If the issue occurred due to a drained battery and firmware crash, your LG X Charge should already be booting up by now. But if it still not responding, then it’s time to bring it back to the shop so that a technician can check it for you.
Connect with us
We are always open to your problems, questions and suggestions, so feel free to contact us by filling up this form. This is a free service we offer and we won’t charge you a penny for it. But please note that we receive hundreds of emails every day and it’s impossible for us to respond to every single one of them. But rest assured we read every message we receive. For those whom we’ve helped, please spread the word by sharing our posts to your friends or by simply liking our Facebook and Google+ page or follow us on Twitter.
Posts you may also like the check out:
- How to boot your LG G6 in Safe mode, wipe cache partition, factory and master reset [Tutorials]
- How to fix your LG G6 that won’t turn on [Troubleshooting Guide]
- LG G6 Tutorials: Learn how to clear app cache & data, hide or show apps, manipulate web browser
- How to fix your LG G6 with screen flickering issue [Troubleshooting Guide]
- LG G6 Text Messages Takes Forever To Send Issue & Other Related Problems
- How to fix LG G6 Plus that won’t turn on (easy steps)
- How to fix LG G6 Plus with Black Screen of Death issue (easy steps)