The #LG #V30SThinQ is a premium Android smartphone released last year which is basically an upgraded version of the popular V30 model. This device uses the same 6 inch P-OLED display but now has a larger storage capacity option (128GB, 256GB) and has a bigger 6GB of RAM. It still uses the older generation Snapdragon 835 processor though. Although this is a solid performing device there are instances when certain issues can occur which we will be addressing today. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the LG V30S ThinQ Black Screen of Death issue.
If you own a LG V30S ThinQ or any other Android device for that matter then feel free to contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concern that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
How To Fix The LG V30S ThinQ Black Screen of Death Issue
The Black Screen of Death is a term given to a device whose display does not respond at all and is just black. In this case, the phone might still be on and getting notifications but nothing can be seen on its display or it can be totally off. This can usually happen right after the phone has been dropped, submerged in water, or due to a software glitch. Listed below are the recommended troubleshooting steps you need to do to fix this problem.
Charge the phone
You will need to make sure that the battery of the phone has sufficient charge so that you can immediately eliminate the possibility of the problem being caused by a drained battery.
- Clean the charging port of the phone using a can of compressed air making sure that any dirt or debris stuck in it is removed.
- Fully charge the phone using its wall charger.
- In case the phone does not charge then try using a different charging cord and wall charger. You should also try charging the phone from a computer USB port in case charging using the wall charger fails to work.
Once the phone has sufficient charge you should try turning on the device.
Perform a soft reset
The next thing you will need to do in this case is to refresh the phone software which can be done by a soft reset. This will usually fix minor issues caused by a software glitch. To perform this procedure just press and hold the Power button and Volume Down until the device powers off, approximately 8 seconds, then release. Once this is done check if the phone will turn on.
Start the phone in Safe Mode
To check if an app you downloaded is causing the problem you should start the phone in Safe Mode. When the phone operates in this mode only the pre-installed apps are allowed to run.
- Turn off the phone.
- In the options menu that displays, press and hold Power off.
- When prompted to restart in Safe Mode, tap OK.
- After your device restarts, it displays Safe mode at the bottom of the screen.
Check if the issue still occurs. If it doesn’t then it could be caused by an app you downloaded. Find out what app this is and uninstall it.
Wipe the cache partition of the phone
Sometimes the cached data stored in the dedicated partition of the phone can become corrupted. When this happens this this will usually cause certain issues to occur on the phone. To eliminate the possibility that this is what’s causing the problem you will have to wipe the cache partition of the phone from the recovery mode.
- Press and hold the power button and the volume down button. Release both buttons when the System Recovery screen appears.
- Use the volume buttons to navigate to Wipe Cache and press the power button to confirm.
- Restart the device.
Perform a factory reset
In case the above steps fails to fix the problem then your last option is to do a factory reset. Make sure to backup your phone data before doing the reset as this will be deleted in the process.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons.
- When the LG logo appears, quickly release and then re-hold the Power button while continuing to hold the Volume down button.
- When the ‘Delete all user data (including LG and carrier apps) and reset all settings’ message appears, use the Volume down button to highlight Yes.
- Press the Power button to reset the device.
Once the reset is complete check if the issue still occurs. If it does then this is most likely caused by a faulty hardware component in which case you will need to bring the phone to a service center and have it checked.
Engage with us
Feel free to send us your questions, suggestions and problems you’ve encountered while using your Android phone. We support every Android device that is available in the market today. And don’t worry, we won’t charge you a single penny for your questions. Contact us using this form. We read every message we receive but can’t guarantee a quick response. If we were able to help you, please help us spread the word by sharing our posts with your friends.