The Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro has a huge battery but it would be useless if the phone won’t turn on. Such is the case with some of our readers who reported that their phones just turned off one day and would no longer turn on regardless how many times they hit the Power key. In other words, the phone is unresponsive with its black screen. When connected to its charger, it won’t charge and won’t even recognize the fact that it’s connected to the charger.
This isn’t the first time we’ve encountered this problem. In fact, even Samsung’s flagship phones also have a problem like this. It might be just an issue with the firmware or it could be a sign of a more serious problem. The purpose of this post is to find out which is which and of course, we’ll try to fix the problem. So, if you’re one of the owners of the Galaxy J7 Pro and are currently having similar issues, then continue reading as this articles may be able to help you.
Before we proceed, if you’re looking for a solution to a problem with your phone, try to browse through our troubleshooting pages to see if we support your device. If your phone is in the list of our supported devices, then go to the troubleshooting page and look for similar problems. Feel free to use our solutions and workarounds. Don’t worry it’s free. But if you still need our help, then fill up our Android issues questionnaire and hit submit to contact us.
Solution to Galaxy J7 Pro that won’t turn on
More often than not, this problem is basically just a result of a system crash provided that it started on its own without apparent reason or cause. However, if the phone got dropped on a hard surface or if it got in contact with water and then this problem started, it’s a clear indication that the problem is caused by physical and / or liquid damage. In such case, you should bring the phone immediately to the service center without doing any troubleshooting procedures.
But in this troubleshooting guide, let’s assume the problem isn’t due to physical or liquid damage. Here’s what you should do…
The Effective Solution
Press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power key simultaneously for 10 seconds or more. This would boot the phone up normally as it simulates battery disconnect and refreshes the devices memory. It’s a simple procedure but it’s very effective in dealing with system crashes or other minor firmware issues.
If your J7 Pro still won’t respond to this, then you should try doing this…
- Press and hold the Volume Down button first and don’t let it go.
- Press and hold the Power key while holding down the Volume Down button.
- Keep both keys held down for 10 seconds or more.
It basically has the same effect as the procedure above but this time, we’re simply trying to make sure you’re doing the combination correctly. Pressing the Power key first isn’t the same as pressing the Volume Down button first. When doing a combination, it would be better to press the Power key last.
Now, if the phone is still not responding after this, there’s another thing you could do to try and bring the phone to boot up. It’s possible that the battery has just been completely drained that’s why it doesn’t respond no matter what. To address that, here’s what you should do:
- Plug the charger to a working AC or wall outlet.
- Using the original cable, connect your phone to its charger.
- Regardless whether the phone responds or not, allow the phone to charge for at least ten minutes.
- Now, press and hold the Volume Down and the Power keys simultaneously for 10 seconds again.
If the battery is drained, the phone should respond after doing this procedure. However, if the issue continues and you’re sure you’re doing everything right, then it’s time to bring the phone to the service center so that a technician can take a look at it and do some tests.
Connect with us
We are always open to your problems, questions and suggestions, so feel free to contact us by filling up this form. This is a free service we offer and we won’t charge you a penny for it. But please note that we receive hundreds of emails every day and it’s impossible for us to respond to every single one of them. But rest assured we read every message we receive. For those whom we’ve helped, please spread the word by sharing our posts to your friends or by simply liking our Facebook and Google+ page or follow us on Twitter.
Posts you may also like to read:
- What to do with Samsung Galaxy S8 that won’t turn OFF or has an unresponsive Power key [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to fix your Samsung Galaxy S8 that drains its battery instead of charging when plugged in [Troubleshooting Guide]
- What to do when your new Samsung Galaxy S8 gets stuck on Verizon screen during bootup [Troubleshooting Guide]
- What to do if your Samsung Galaxy S8 keeps rebooting on its own after the rooting process [Troubleshooting Guide]
- Samsung Galaxy S8 started popping up “Unfortunately, Settings has stopped” error after an update [Troubleshooting Guide]
- What to do when your Samsung Galaxy S8 starts showing “Unfortunately, Contacts has stopped” error [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to fix your Samsung Galaxy S8 that shows “Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped” error [Troubleshooting Guide]