Hello and welcome to our new video for the day! We’ve been getting a lot of questions from Samsung Galaxy users on how to create a backup on their device so this is our answer to that. Creating a copy of important data is an important basic thing a Samsung user must know. Fortunately, creating a backup on Samsung devices is easy and can be done in a few minutes. Learn how to prevent losing your data by following the steps below on how to download, install, and use Samsung Smart Switch to backup your files.
Before we proceed, we want to remind you that if you are looking for solutions to your own #Android issue, you can contact us by using the link provided at the bottom of this page. When describing your issue, please be as detailed as possible so we can easily pinpoint a relevant solution. If you can, kindly include the exact error messages you are getting to give us an idea where to start. If you have already tried some troubleshooting steps before emailing us, make sure to mention them so we can skip them in our answers.
Steps to install Smart Switch on your computer
- Open the internet browser on your computer and visit the installation page for Smart Switch app.
- In the middle of the page, click on the appropriate download link for Windows. There should be three different options :
- Get it on Google Play
- Download on the Mac Store app
- Get it on Windows.
- Click the Get in on Windows option.
- Follow the rest of the installation instructions by first clicking on Run button. Afterwards, select the appropriate settings for you.
- Confirm that you accept the terms of the license agreement by clicking the two check boxes.
- Click Next.
- Wait for the installation to finish. This should take a few moments.
- Complete the installation process by clicking the Finish button. After that, the newly installed Smart Switch app will run automatically.
How to use Smart Switch for PC to backup Samsung Galaxy phone
Now that you’ve successfully installed Smart Switch, you can start creating a backup of your personal data. Backing up with Smart Switch is very easy. Here’s how:
- Begin by opening the Smart Switch app on your computer.
- Connect your Android device to your computer via USB cable.
- Make sure your phone is unlocked.
- On the Smart Switch app click on MORE at the top right.
- Click Preferences.
- Click Backup items tab. In this tab, you will be able to customize what items to copy and keep as back up. All items are selected by default by if you want to speed up the copying process, you may want to select the important boxes only.
- Once you’ve selected what items to include in your backup, click OK. Otherwise, simply click Cancel.
- Click Backup.
- Tap Allow on your phone if Smart Switch asks for permission.
- Once the backup is complete, you get a breakdown of all the data that was successfully backed up. Click OK to finish.
Engage with us
If you are one of the users who encounters a problem with your device, let us know. We offer solutions for Android-related problems for free so if you have an issue with your Android device, simply fill in the short questionnaire in this link and we will try to publish our answers in the next posts. We cannot guarantee a quick response so if your issue is time sensitive, please find another way to resolve your problem.
If you find this post helpful, please help us by spreading the word to your friends. TheDroidGuy has social network presence as well so you may want to interact with our community in our Facebook and Google+ pages.