There can a number of reasons why you want to learn how to hard rest on Huawei Mate 20 Pro. Some may want to do it in order to make their phone work normally again. Others may be trying to troubleshooting an issue and wiping it is important. Still, some may simply be curious and doing it is part of educating themselves. Whatever your reason is, this post should help.
Don’t forget, factory reset or hard reset will delete all personal data such photos, videos, contacts, documents, messages, etc. Be sure to back them up ahead of time.
Before we proceed, we want to remind you that if you are looking for solutions to your own #Android issue, you can contact us by using the link provided at the bottom of this page. When describing your issue, please be as detailed as possible so we can easily pinpoint a relevant solution. If you can, kindly include the exact error messages you are getting to give us an idea where to start. If you have already tried some troubleshooting steps before emailing us, make sure to mention them so we can skip them in our answers.
If there’s no problem going to Settings menu, this should be the first option that you want to use to wipe your Huawei Mate 20 Pro. Perhaps you want to prepare the phone before giving it away or you simply need to refresh the system to get rid of all clutter, then hard reset via Settings is perfect. Follow the steps below to begin wiping the device.
- Create a backup of your personal data.
- Open the Settings app, or go to the Settings menu on your phone.
- Tap on Reset.
- Tap on Factory data reset.
- Tap on Reset phone.
- Confirm the action.
- Wait for the process to finish and the phone to restart.
Factory reset will erase all your apps as well. You need to reinstall them after setting up the device.
Method 2: Hard reset your Huawei Mate 20 Pro using hardware keys
Another way to wipe your Huawei Mate 20 Pro is by going to Recovery Mode. This is a preferred method of doing a hard reset if you have trouble accessing the Settings menu. This should also be the way to wipe the device if it keeps booting up for whatever reason and you are unable to reach the Settings menu due to lack of time. Recovery mode is a separate software environment from Android so it remains unaffected by Android-level bugs. This is a good way to fix problems that makes Android fail to boot up properly or not at all.
To boot your Huawei Mate 20 Pro to Recovery mode and do a hard reset:
- Turn off the device. This is important. If you can’t turn it off, you’ll never be able to boot to Recovery Mode. If you are not able to shut the device off regularly via the Power button, wait until the phone’s battery is drained. Then, charge the phone for 30 minutes before booting to Recovery Mode.
- Press and hold the Volume Up button.
- While holding the Volume Up button, connect USB charger to the phone.
- Within a few seconds, your phone will boot into the recovery mode.
- Now, remove the USB charger.
- On Recovery Mode, select wipe cache/factory reset.
- Perform this action.
- Wait for the device to restart.
- Set up your phone again.
Engage with us
If you are one of the users who encounters a problem with your device, let us know. We offer solutions for Android-related problems for free so if you have an issue with your Android device, simply fill in the short questionnaire in this link and we will try to publish our answers in the next posts. We cannot guarantee a quick response so if your issue is time sensitive, please find another way to resolve your problem.
If you find this post helpful, please help us by spreading the word to your friends. TheDroidGuy has social network presence as well so you may want to interact with our community in our Facebook and Google+ pages.