While not as popular as Samsung Galaxy models, the Xiaomi Pocophone F1 is a good top-of-the-line option if you decide to opt for non-Samsung devices. Its hardware is among the best in the world in today’s smartphone technology and software-wise, Pocophone F1 is reliable as well. One of the common issues that we come to encounter for this device though is with its fast charging capability. There’s been a few number of users reporting that the device’s fast charging can be problematic. While we don’t think this is widespread, we provide the troubleshooting steps below on how to deal with the problem.
Before we proceed, we want to remind you that if you are looking for solutions to your own #Android issue, you can contact us by using the link provided at the bottom of this page. When describing your issue, please be as detailed as possible so we can easily pinpoint a relevant solution. If you can, kindly include the exact error messages you are getting to give us an idea where to start. If you have already tried some troubleshooting steps before emailing us, make sure to mention them so we can skip them in our answers.
Problem: How to fix Xiaomi Pocophone F1 fast charging issue (won’t fast charge)
Hi i have three issues with my pocophone.
- the phone is not quick charging despite me using the original charger that comes with the pocophone.
- the pocophone is not able to connect to my PC, and the ‘tap for USB options’ option does not appear
- the top part of the screen shows some lag at times and that area becomes black, especially when scrolling.
Issue #1: the phone is not quick charging despite me using the original charger that comes with the pocophone.
Related issue: Hi. i have a problem on my pocophone f1 charging my phone was very slow it takes 7hrs of charging for full charge… what will be the possible issue… please answer my question … thanks in advance.
Solution: The Xiaomi Pocophone F1 uses the latest Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ charging technology that boasts of being able to top up large capacity batteries. In your device, which has a Li-Po 4000 mAh battery, this means a full charge can occur in under 2 hours. We’ve tried charging our own Pocophone F1 in both OFF and ON states and there’s a 10 minute difference. When totally powered down, the Pocophone F1 charges for less than 2 hours, about 1 hour and 50 minutes. When powered on and on standy, full charging takes about 2 hours. We did not experience any fast charging issues as of yet so the cases above may be isolated.
To troubleshoot a fast charging issue on the Pocophone F1, these are the things that you can try.
Use original charging accessories
Quick Charge 4+ technology only works with the right accessories. If you use non-Xiaomi cable or adapter, or an aftermarket accessory that doesn’t support Quick Charge 4+, you won’t get the benefit of fast charging technology on your Pocophone F1.
Reset app preferences
A lot of Android users don’t know that apps don’t work by themselves. Instead, they make use of other apps and default services to deliver what they promise. Sometimes, these necessary apps may be deleted or disabled. To ensure that all default apps needed by other apps or Android are working as they should, you must reset all app preferences. Here’s how to do that:
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap Installed apps.
- Tap More options at the upper right (three-dot icon).
- Tap Reset app preferences.
- Tap Reset apps to confirm.
- Restart the phone and check for the problem.
Should the phone still fails to charge fast after doing the suggestions above, you should consider returning all its settings to their defaults. Here’s how:
- Turn off the device
- Press and hold Volume Up key + Power Key
- Release Power key when POCO logo appears but keep pressing Volume Up key
- Release Volume Up key when Mi-Recovery Appears
- Use Volume keys to select and Power key to confirm
- Select Wipe Data and press power key to confirm
- Select wipe all data and press power key to confirm
- Select Confirm press power key to confirm
- Select “back to main menu” by press power key
- Select Reboot and press power key to confirm
- Select Reboot to System and press power key to confirm.
Workaround: Charge the phone when it’s OFF
Should nothing work after a factory reset, turn off the phone and charge it. If there’s no issue with your
- charging cable,
- adapter, and
- phone itself,
fast charging should work. If the problem remains, that means one of them is the culprit.
Get the phone checked
Fast charging is one of the main selling points of the Xiaomi Pocophone F1. If it doesn’t do that, it does not deserve to be considered a top device. If fast charging remains erratic or won’t work at all after doing all the stuff above, contact its manufacturer so it can be repaired or replaced.
Issue #2: The pocophone is not able to connect to my PC, and the ‘tap for USB options’ option does not appear
Solution: This issue is most probably related to the first one. It’s either due to a software bug or bad hardware. Do a factory reset and see what happens. If that won’t help, there must be a problem with your phone’s charging port. In this situation, the best option is to contact Xiaomi and have them repair or replace the phone.
Issue #3: The top part of the screen shows some lag at times and that area becomes black, especially when scrolling
Solution: This looks like a damaged screen. Did you drop your phone prior to noticing this problem? If you did, the drop may have broken the screen assembly. Send the phone in for repair. Otherwise, do a factory reset and it should go away.
Engage with us
If you are one of the users who encounters a problem with your device, let us know. We offer solutions for Android-related problems for free so if you have an issue with your Android device, simply fill in the short questionnaire in this link and we will try to publish our answers in the next posts. We cannot guarantee a quick response so if your issue is time sensitive, please find another way to resolve your problem.
If you find this post helpful, please help us by spreading the word to your friends. TheDroidGuy has social network presence as well so you may want to interact with our community in our Facebook and Google+ pages.
- Problem: How to fix Xiaomi Pocophone F1 fast charging issue (won’t fast charge)
- Issue #1: the phone is not quick charging despite me using the original charger that comes with the pocophone.
- Issue #2: The pocophone is not able to connect to my PC, and the ‘tap for USB options’ option does not appear
- Issue #3: The top part of the screen shows some lag at times and that area becomes black, especially when scrolling
- Engage with us