The LG G7 ThinQ is a high end Android smartphone released last year that has several outstanding features. This phone has an Aluminum frame with Corning Gorilla Glass on both the front and back and is rated IP68. It uses a 6.1″ QHD+ FullVision MLCD+ RGBW display while under the hood is a Snapdragon 845 processor combined with 6GB of RAM. Although this is a solid performing device there are instances when certain issues can occur which we will be addressing today. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the LG G7 ThinQ screen is unresponsive issue.
If you own a LG G7 ThinQ or any other Android device for that matter then feel free to contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concern that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
How to Fix LG G7 ThinQ Screen Is Unresponsive
Problem: Hey so I have an LG G7 ThinQ, I was watching football on the app DAZN. The screen froze and everything was unresponsive. I tried touching the screen everywhere, holding the power and volume buttons down but nothing until the screen went black as if it shut off. Now nothing pops up. If I plug it into a charger nothing, press and hold the power and volume buttons, still nothing. No vibrations, no sounds, just a dead screen. Any ideas how to fix or should I just get a new phone?
Solution: The first thing that you will want to do in this case is to make sure that the phone battery has sufficient charge as it might just be drained which is why the phone has become unresponsive. Follow the steps listed below to charge the device.
- Clean the charging port of the phone using a can of compressed air. Make sure to remove any dirt or debris that could be stuck in this port.
- Fully charge the phone using its wall charger. When the LED light becomes solid green then this mean that the battery has been fully charged.
- In case the phone does not charge then try using a different charging cord and wall charger. You should also check if the phone can charge from a computer USB port or by using a wireless charger.
Once the battery has sufficient charge it’s time to turn on the phone by following the steps listed below.
Perform a soft reset
This step is usually performed when a phone is unresponsive. To do this just press and hold the Power button and Volume Down until the device powers off, approximately 8 seconds, then release.
Check if the issue occurs in Safe Mode
When the phone is started in Safe Mode only the pre-installed apps are allowed to run. This makes it easier to check if a downloaded app is causing the problem.
- Make sure that the phone is powered off.
- Press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button until the System recovery screen displays then release both buttons.
- Select Safe mode. Use the Volume buttons to highlight the option and the Power button to select.
- The device starts up with ‘Safe mode’ displayed in the lower-left.
If the problem does not occur in this mode then it could be caused by an app you downloaded. Find out what app this is and uninstall it.
Factory reset using the hardware keys
One last troubleshooting step to consider is a factory reset. This will revert your phone back to its original factory condition. Take note that your phone data will be deleted in the process.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons.
- When the LG logo appears, quickly release and then re-hold the Power button while continuing to hold the Volume down button.
- When the ‘Delete all user data (including LG and carrier apps) and reset all settings’ message appears, use the Volume down button to highlight Yes.
- Press the Power button to reset the device.
In case the above steps fails to fix the problem then this could already be caused by a faulty hardware component. I recommend that you bring this to a service center and have it checked.
Engage with us
Feel free to send us your questions, suggestions and problems you’ve encountered while using your Android phone. We support every Android device that is available in the market today. And don’t worry, we won’t charge you a single penny for your questions. Contact us using this form. We read every message we receive but can’t guarantee a quick response. If we were able to help you, please help us spread the word by sharing our posts with your friends.