There are a number of ways to unlock your LG G7 ThinQ. If you’re planning on using Fingerprint Unlock, you must first ensure that the device is set up properly before adding your fingerprint. This post will show you the steps on how to prepare the device to accept your fingerprints.
Before we proceed, we want to remind you that if you are looking for solutions to your own #Android issue, you can contact us by using the link provided at the bottom of this page. When describing your issue, please be as detailed as possible so we can easily pinpoint a relevant solution. If you can, kindly include the exact error messages you are getting to give us an idea where to start. If you have already tried some troubleshooting steps before emailing us, make sure to mention them so we can skip them in our answers.
Steps on how to set up Fingerprint Recognition on LG G7 ThinQ
- Open Settings app.
- Tap Lock screen & security.
- Tap Fingerprints.
- Tap Add fingerprint.If presented, follow on-screen prompts to unlock device. Select a lock screen option (e.g., pattern, PIN, password) then follow the steps to complete the process.
- Place your finger on the Home button (on the back of the device), lift it slightly then place a different part of your finger on the Home button. Repeat this process as necessary until the ‘Fingerprint added’ screen appears.
- Tap OK (lower-right).
- Tap the Screen lock switch to turn on Switch On or off.
- Tap the Content lock switch to turn on or off. When on, follow the onscreen instructions to set up an additional lock option (e.g., PIN, pattern, etc.).
- That’s it!
Once you’re done with the steps above, your device should be ready to register more fingerprints. You can add up to four different fingerprints.
Engage with us
If you are one of the users who encounters a problem with your device, let us know. We offer solutions for Android-related problems for free so if you have an issue with your Android device, simply fill in the short questionnaire in this link and we will try to publish our answers in the next posts. We cannot guarantee a quick response so if your issue is time sensitive, please find another way to resolve your problem.
If you find this post helpful, please help us by spreading the word to your friends. TheDroidGuy has social network presence as well so you may want to interact with our community in our Facebook and Google+ pages.