The #Samsung #Galaxy #A9 is one of the latest A series models released this year and is popular due to being the world’s first quad camera smartphone. Consumers who are into mobile photography will definitely love the camera features of this phone. This device uses a 6.3 inch Super AMOLED display while under the hood is a Snapdragon 660 processor combined with 8GB of RAM. Although this is a solid performing device there are instances when certain issues can occur which we will be addressing today. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the Galaxy A9 keeps getting pop-up ads issue.
If you own a Samsung Galaxy A9 2018 or any other Android device for that matter then feel free to contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concern that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
How To Fix Sasmung Galaxy A9 Keeps Getting Pop-up Ads
Problem: I am suddenly getting pop up ads constantly throughout the day, every couple of minutes. It does not matter what app I’m in or what I am doing. I have followed all of the recommendations I can find to stop ads but nothing is working. I have never had this problem on any other phones and if it can’t be fixed I’m getting rid of this one, it is driving me insane!!!
Solution: Before performing any troubleshooting steps on the phone it’s best to make sure that it is running on the latest software version. If an update is available then I suggest that you download and install it first.
The pop-up ads that you are getting on your phone is usually caused by an app you downloaded. If you sideload an APK file to your phone or download from an unofficial source then the possibility of the app infected with a malware is high. This incident of getting malware from the Google Play Store is also possible however the chances are low.
Since this is most likely a software related problem the troubleshooting steps listed below are recommended for this particular issue.
Start the phone in Safe Mode
It’s very likely that an app you downloaded is causing this particular problem. The best way to check if this is the case is to start the phone in Safe Mode since only the pre-installed apps are allowed to run in this mode.
- Turn the phone Off
- Press and hold “Power”
- At the “Samsung” logo, release “Power” and immediately press and hold “Volume down”
- After the phone finishes rebooting, release the keys. A “Safe Mode” watermark should be visible in the lower area of the home screen
If you don’t get any pop-up ads in his mode then you should find out what app this is and uninstall it.
Perform a factory reset
If the issue still occurs even in Safe Mode then you will need to do a factory reset. Make sure to backup your phone data before doing the reset as it will be deleted in the process.
- Turn off the phone.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the green Android logo displays, release all keys (‘Installing system update’ will show for about 30 – 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight ‘wipe data / factory reset’.
- Press Power button to select.
- Press the Volume down key until ‘Yes — delete all user data’ is highlighted.
- Press Power button to select and start the master reset.
- When the master reset is complete, ‘Reboot system now’ is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
Engage with us
Feel free to send us your questions, suggestions and problems you’ve encountered while using your Android phone. We support every Android device that is available in the market today. And don’t worry, we won’t charge you a single penny for your questions. Contact us using this form. We read every message we receive can’t guarantee a quick response. If we were able to help you, please help us spread the word by sharing our posts with your friends.