The #Google #Pixel3 is the latest flagship device of the search giant which has just hit the market recently. The phone uses an Aluminum frame with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 on both the front and back. It sports a 5.5 inch P-OLED display and uses the powerful Snapdragon 845 processor with 4GB of RAM to run even the most processor intensive app smoothly. Although this is a solid performing phone there are instances when certain issues can occur which we will be addressing today. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the Pixel 3 green screen after drop issue.
If you own a Google Pixel 3 or any other Android device for that matter then feel free to contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concern that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
How To Fix Google Pixel 3 Green Screen After Drop
Problem: So i bought this new phone Pixel 3 after 3 days i put my phone on my bed my sister comes to sit on my bed (cus i do not sleep in a second floor) my phone was there and then she wanted to pick the water so she gets up to get the water and she just ran over my phone or something that flinged it a bit to the ground and then i have this rainbow screen sometime turns yellow then orange then blue and red now its green and has a really white it has it on every colour so i tried everything even with the power off button but it did nothing it did not show samsung thingy it was black for 10 seconds i press the power off/on button and it was the same i tried everything and even it does not say anything
Solution: While it already looks like this problem is caused by a damaged display assembly caused by the drop there are still a few troubleshooting steps that you can do to check if another factor is causing this problem.
Start the phone in Safe Mode
The first thing you will need to do in this case is to check if an app you downloaded is causing the problem. To do this you will need to start the phone in Safe Mode as only the pre-installed apps are allowed to run in this mode.
If the phone is on
- Press and hold your phone’s power button.
- On your screen, touch and hold Power off . Tap OK.
- Your phone starts in safe mode. You’ll see “Safe mode” at the bottom of your screen.
If the phone is off
- Press your phone’s power button.
- After the Google logo shows on your screen, when the animation starts, press and hold your phone’s volume down button. Keep holding it until the animation ends and your phone starts in safe mode.
- You’ll see “Safe mode” at the bottom of your screen.
In case the issue does not occur in this mode then it could be caused by an app you downloaded. Find out what app this is and uninstall it.
Perform a factory reset
Another possible factor that can cause this problem is a software glitch which can be verified by doing a factory reset. Take note that your phone data will be deleted in the process so make sure to have a backup copy before proceeding.
- Ensure the device is powered off.
- Press and hold the Power+Volume Down buttons until bootloader mode (image of an Android with Start above it) appears, then release.
- Select Recovery mode by using the Volume buttons to cycle through the available options and the Power button to select. The device will flash the Google start screen momentarily and then restarts in Recovery mode.
- If presented with an image of a broken Android with “No Command” shown on the screen, press and hold the Power button. Press the Volume Up button once then release the Power button.
- From the Android Recovery screen, select Wipe data/factory reset.
- Select Yes.
- Select Reboot system now.
If the above steps fails to fix the problem then you will need to bring the phone to a service center and have it repaired as it already looks like the display assembly has been damaged already.
Engage with us
Feel free to send us your questions, suggestions and problems you’ve encountered while using your Android phone. We support every Android device that is available in the market today. And don’t worry, we won’t charge you a single penny for your questions. Contact us using this form. We read every message we receive can’t guarantee a quick response. If we were able to help you, please help us spread the word by sharing our posts with your friends.