The Amazon Fire TV is one of the popular streaming media players available in the market which allows consumers to watch various content from several online providers such as Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu, HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, and more.
Although this is a reliable device there are instances when its remote might not be working properly. This is what we will be addressing today as we tackle how to fix Amazon Fire TV remote not working issue.
Try replacing the Fire TV Remote batteries
The first thing that you need to do whenever the remote fails to work is to assume that the battery is already drained. This is especially true if you are constantly using the remote since this will use up a lot of battery life. The first thing you should do then is to replace the batteries.
- Use your thumbs to apply pressure on the back of the remote. Press down until the entire back cover slides down slightly.
- Lift the back cover up and away from the remote.
- Insert the two AAA batteries.
- Reposition the back cover onto the remote, and slide down to snap it into place.
Pair the Fire TV Remote
Sometimes the problem can be caused by the remote not paired to the Fire TV. To make sure that it is paired properly follow the troubleshooting steps listed below.
- Press and hold the Home button on the remote for 10 seconds. The remote should pair with the Fire TV within a minute.
- If it does not pair then unplug the power adapter from the Fire TV device or from the wall outlet.
- While the Fire TV device is off, reset the Fire TV remote by pressing the Menu button, Back button, and the left side of the navigation ring at the same time. Hold all of these buttons for 10 seconds. This will not factory reset the Fire TV device. It removes Fire TV settings from the remote.
- Remove the batteries from the Fire TV remote and plug in the Fire TV device. Wait for the Home screen to appear.
- Put the batteries back in the Fire TV remote and wait for one minute.
- If the remote still hasn’t paired, press and hold the Home button on the remote for 10 seconds.
Check the Fire TV remote compatibility
You won’t have to perform this if the remote you are using came out of the box. If however you replaced the remote with a new one or a third party remote then try checking if it works with your particular Fire TV model.
Try using the Fire TV remote app
If you have an Android or iOS device then you can go to their respective app stores and download the Fire TV app. You can then use your smartphone or tablet as a remote control as long as it is connected to the same network as your Fire TV.
Replace the Fire TV Remote
This is the last thing you will have to do in case the above steps fails to fix the problem yet you are able to use the Fire TV remote app. This means that the current remote you are using is damaged and should be replaced with a new one.
Engage with us
Feel free to send us your questions, suggestions and problems you’ve encountered while using your Android phone. We support every Android device that is available in the market today. And don’t worry, we won’t charge you a single penny for your questions. Contact us using this form. We read every message we receive can’t guarantee a quick response. If we were able to help you, please help us spread the word by sharing our posts with your friends.