When you perform a factory reset on your Netgear router all of the settings that were made will be reverted to its initial values. Make sure to have a copy of your personalized configurations such as username, password, and other security settings.
To perform a factory reset:
- Look at the back of your router then locate the Restore Factory Settings or Reset button.
- Use a paper clip or similar object to press and hold the Restore Factory Settings or Reset button for about seven seconds.
- Release the Restore Factory Settings or Reset button and wait for your router to reboot.
- After your router is finished with the factory reset, the Power light stops blinking and lights solid green.
- Note: The Power light on newer router models lights solid white.
- The factory default settings are restored.