When you perform a factory reset on your ASUS router all of the settings that were made will be reverted to its initial values. Make sure to have a copy of your personalized configurations such as username, password, and other security settings.
To perform a factory reset:
- Make sure the computer you will be using to reset the ASUS router is connected to it.
- Open a web browser, type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar, and then press Enter.
- Enter the administrator username and password and then click OK. (The default username and password are both admin)
- From the Advanced Settings menu on the left side, click Administration.
- On top of the page, click the Restore/Save/Upload Setting tab.
- Click the Restore button.
- A confirmation box will appear, click OK to begin the reset.
Another way to reset an ASUS router is by doing it without accessing the router administration page.
- Locate the reset button at the back of the router.
- Press and hold the reset button on the router until the power light on the router begins to flash, and then release the button.
- The router will reset the settings and restart. The next time the router is accessed, the initial setup screen will appear.