YouTube has become one of the most important and popular apps to have on an Android device. It not only provides a source of entertainment but people can also learn several cool stuff by watching the many tutorial videos available on this platform.
Most of the time you will want to view the videos at normal speed. There are however instances when you need the video to speed up or slow down. The good thing is that you can now do this in the YouTube app itself.
To change the youTube playback speed on your Android device just follow the steps listed below.
- Open a video using the YouTube app.
- Tap the video to pause it.
- Tap on the three vertical dots icon.
- Tap on the Playback Speed on the pop-up icon.
- Choose from the various speed options available. ( 0.25x, 0.5x, 0.75x, Normal, 1.25x, 1.5x, 2x) by tapping on it. Choosing values below the Normal speed will slow down the video while values above the normal speed will speed up the video.