Messenger is one of the widely used instant messaging platform to-date given the popularity rate of its mother-app, Facebook. And like Facebook, Messenger also receives frequent updates for ultimate performance. But this doesn’t mean that the app is free from flaws. Many factors can put Messenger app in an unstable state and fail to work as intended. In fact, many people have raised various issues concerning the app.
Among the widespread issues is on the Messenger app that’s crashing or not loading properly. And this is the main issue that’s tackled in this post. Read on to find out what options to try if ever you’ll get to encounter similar problems when using Messenger on your LG V35 ThinQ smartphone.
But before anything else, if you have another issue with your phone, drop by our troubleshooting page as we have already addressed hundreds of issues reported by the owners. Odds are that there are already existing solutions on our website or at least, there are similar problems we already fixed. So, try to find ones that are similar or related to your problem. If you need further assistance, however, feel free to contact us by filling up our Android issues questionnaire.
How to troubleshoot LG V35 ThinQ with Messenger app that keeps crashing
Before troubleshooting software problems on your phone that may have triggered the Messenger app to crash or fail to load, check your Internet connection. Make sure your phone is connected to Wi-Fi internet and not having some network connectivity issues like intermittent connection or Wi-Fi drops. Online apps including Facebook and Messenger require a stable Internet connection to work properly. You may have to deal with Internet problems first. Toggling Wi-Fi off and on can help clear minor Wi-Fi errors on the phone. If the Internet connection is fine but Messenger still doesn’t work as intended, then proceed and try these solutions.
First solution: Quit the app then restart your phone.
Messenger app also experience random glitches that makes it unstable sometimes. Usually, the transpiring symptoms are minor and therefore easily be remedied by an app restart followed by a soft reset or reboot on the phone. So try doing these first:
- Tap the Apps icon.
- Touch and hold the Messenger app icon, then drag the icon to App info.
- Tap the Force Stop button. This will force the app to quit.
After ending the app, restart or soft reset your LG V35 ThinQ with these steps:
- Press and hold the Power button for about 10 to 20 seconds.
- Release the button when the phone restarts and goes through the boot-up sequence.
Wait until your phone is finished rebooting then relaunch Messenger to see if it’s already loading properly and no longer crashes. If it’s still showing the same symptoms, try to log out from your Facebook/Messenger account. But before you do that, quit the app first and then restart your phone again. Make sure you entered the correct credentials for your Facebook/Messenger account.
Second solution: Clear app cache and data.
Temporary files that are stored as cache in the Messenger app can also be the main trigger especially when they become corrupted. Messenger utilizes cache to reload the same information faster but can likewise result to troubles when the temporary file being loaded is broken. And this is where clearing app cache and data serves its purpose. Here’s how it’s done:
- Tap the Apps icon.
- Touch and hold the Messenger app icon, and then drag the icon to App info.
- Tap the button to Clear cache to clear cache from the application. This will delete all temporary files that are stored as cache for Messenger app.
- Tap the button to Clear data to clear temporary data for the Messenger app including login details and other information.
After clearing app cache and data, reboot your phone and open Messenger app again to see if the problem is fixed. You may have to log into your account and re-enter your account credentials if you cleared data for Messenger app.
Third solution: Install pending app updates.
Facebook and Messenger apps frequently receive minor updates containing new and enhanced features as well as random bug fixes. This should fix the problem on Messenger if some bugs have triggered the app to crash or fail to load. If you haven’t set your device to install app updates automatically, then you will need to do it manually instead. Here’s how to manually check for pending app updates on your LG V35 ThinQ smartphone:
- Tap the Apps icon.
- Tap Play Store.
- Tap the Menu icon on the top-left side of the Play Store screen.
- Tap My apps. Any apps with pending updates will be listed at the top.
- Tap Update to update individual apps including Messenger or select the option to Update All to update all apps at one time.
Allow your apps to finish updating and then reboot your phone to apply the new app changes.
Fourth solution: Delete the app then reinstall it from Play Store.
If Messenger still fails to load or keeps crashing after applying the previous solutions, then it’s possible that the app has been totally corrupted and is no longer functional. This is when you need to consider re-installing the app. But before that, you’ll need to delete/uninstall the app from your phone. Here’s how to uninstall Messenger on your LG V35 ThinQ:
- Tap Apps to view and access apps list.
- Tap Play Store.
- Tap the Menu icon on the upper-left corner of the Play Store.
- Tap My apps & games.
- Tap to select Messenger from the apps.
- Tap the Uninstall button.
- If prompted, read the warning then tap OK to confirm.
After uninstalling the Messenger app, head back to the Play Store then search for, download and install the latest version of Messenger app that’s compatible with your LG V35 ThinQ smartphone.
Fifth solution: Wipe cache partition on your phone.
Wiping cache partition potentially resolves app problems that are attributed to system errors. Like any apps, your phone system also stores cache in the system folders or cache partition. If any of these system cache gets corrupted, there is a tendency for other apps or system functions to become adversely affected. One of the factors that can corrupt system cache is a faulty update. To clear this out, wipe cache partition on your LG V35 ThinQ with these steps:
- From the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Tap the ‘General’ tab.
- Tap Storage > Internal storage.
- Wait for menu options to finish calculating.
- Tap on Free up space.
- Tap on Temporary files & raw files.
- Select any from the given options including Cached data, Clip tray temporary files, or Raw files from camera
- Tap Delete > DELETE.
As soon as your phone is done wiping system cache, restart it and then relaunch the Messenger app to see if the problem is already fixed.
Seek more help
You can escalate the problem to Facebook-Messenger support team or visit Facebook help center to ask more inputs from the support team.
If the problem started after installing a system update and it persisted after exhausting all possible solutions on your end, then you should contact LG Support or your device carrier to let them know about what happened. Doing so will prompt them to make further assessments on their end and if necessary, tag it among other post-update issues to address in the next fix patch. While waiting for the official fix, you can use other instant messaging apps instead.
- How to fix Facebook app that is not working or keeps crashing on your LG V35 ThinQ smartphone [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to fix LG V35 ThinQ with Snapchat that keeps crashing (easy steps)
- What to do with Twitter that keeps crashing on LG V35 ThinQ (easy steps)
- What to do if your LG V35 ThinQ smartphone is not recognized by a Windows PC? [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to fix an LG V35 ThinQ smartphone that keeps freezing or lagging [Troubleshooting Guide]
Connect with us
We are always open to your problems, questions and suggestions, so feel free to contact us by filling up this form. This is a free service we offer and we won’t charge you a penny for it. But please note that we receive hundreds of emails every day and it’s impossible for us to respond to every single one of them. But rest assured we read every message we receive. For those whom we’ve helped, please spread the word by sharing our posts to your friends or by simply liking our Facebook and Google+ page or follow us on Twitter.
- How to troubleshoot LG V35 ThinQ with Messenger app that keeps crashing