Hello and welcome to today’s troubleshooting article! This post answers some issues for the #GalaxyJ7. We include five cases in this article so we hope you’ll find it helpful.
If you are looking for solutions to your own #Android issue, you can contact us by using the link provided at the bottom of this page.
When describing your issue, please be as detailed as possible so we can easily pinpoint a relevant solution. If you can, kindly include the exact error messages you are getting to give us an idea where to start. If you have already tried some troubleshooting steps before emailing us, make sure to mention them so we can skip them in our answers.
Problem #1: Galaxy J7 Pro sound is low when using headphone
Hi! I’m using Samsung J7 Pro and my problem is that when I connect an Headphone even the volume is Max I hear low volume of music.. I tried different types of Headphones and even try to Reset my phone but still the issue remains. These issue started when I plug-in my device in my speaker using my headset jack and my speaker just have an short circuit and blows out and when that accident happened my phone is still in connect with the speaker. Is there any solution to this? Thank you.
Solution: As an end user, there’s only so much that you can do. In this situation, the most that you can try is to factory reset the device. This should help you check if the reason for the problem is fixable on your level. Since you’ve already tried that without any positive change, you can only assume that there must be a hardware malfunction. If you want to see if the problem can be fixed without having to replace the motherboard, let a professional check the hardware. If the device is still covered by Samsung warranty, you can also bring it to Samsung so they can repair or replace it.
Problem #2: How to create a backup if Galaxy J7 Prime keeps freezing after an update
I have a Galaxy J7 Prime. In mid-April 2018 I have carried out a software update as requested by Android but after that, the phone seems to suffer from freezing or system UI problems. After restart, the phone will only be controllable for a few minutes then it freezes. If I need to backup my files and data, would this be safe to do under this conditions when the mobile phone keeps freezing? Will the backup processes be affected by the freezing? I have a fairly recent back up file so if this backup process could result in corruption of the backup files, I may just forget about the latest data and just use the backup files I currently have. What would you recommend? Many thanks for your very helpful posts.
Solution: When creating a backup, the phone has to perform normally as expected so if the slow performance issue affects the general functions, it’s possible that freezing may still occur. The best way to find out is to create backups without putting too much pressure on the system. Here’s what you can do:
- Install Samsung Smart Switch to your computer and phone.
- On your Galaxy J7 Prime, close all running apps via Recent Apps key (left button next to the Home button).
- Optimize device by going under Settings > Device maintenance > Performance mode > select Optimized (recommended) option.
- Connect the phone to your computer via USB cable.
- Create a backup of your files by batches or by type. For instance, try backing up photos only, and in small number only.
Remember, you want to put as little pressure to the system as much as possible. Avoid moving huge number of files at the same time.
If the steps above won’t work and the phone continues to freeze, do a factory reset. Here’s how:
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the green Android logo displays, release all keys (‘Installing system update’ will show for about 30 – 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight ‘wipe data / factory reset’.
- Press Power button to select.
- Press the Volume down key until ‘Yes — delete all user data’ is highlighted.
- Press Power button to select and start the master reset.
- When the master reset is complete, ‘Reboot system now’ is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
Problem #3: How to fix a Galaxy J7 Pro with Google apps freezing and crashing
Hi. Good day. My phone is a Sam J7 Pro (SMJ730G/DS) and I am having problem with the unit. Suddenly it started to delete apps automatically (Google Maps, Play Music etc.), sometimes it freezes then restarts automatically, and a lot of Samsung and Google apps are stopping in the background giving me dialog boxes saying system keeps on stopping. They say its a board problem but how come I can use other applications like calling and sms although sometimes it still restarts? Thank you.
Solution: Well, first of all, you should have provided us with your phone’s history or background. Freezing issue don’t happen for a reason. There may be a software or background issue causing it.
Secondly, if Google apps seem to be the most affected by freezing or crashing issue, there may be a Google-account issue behind the problem. Below are the troubleshooting steps that you can try to fix it:
Clear the cache partition
Updates or app installations may sometimes corrupt the system cache in the cache partition. To ensure that this cache is in good shape, try clearing the cache partition with these steps:
- Turn off the device. This is important. If you can’t turn it off, you’ll never be able to boot to Recovery Mode. If you are not able to shut the device off regularly via the Power button, wait until the phone’s battery is drained. Then, charge the phone for 30 minutes before booting to Recovery Mode.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all keys (‘Installing system update’ will show for about 30 – 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
- Press the Volume down key to highlight “wipe cache partition.”
- Press the Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight “yes” and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
Delete Google Services Framework data
One of the most effective ways to fix Google-related bugs in an Android device is to clear the data of its major core app — Google Services Framework. If you haven’t tried doing it, here’s how:
- Open Settings app.
- Tap Apps.
- Tap on More settings at the upper right (three-dot icon).
- Select Show system apps.
- Find Google Services Framework and tap it.
- Tap Storage.
- Tap Clear Data button.
- Restart your device and check for the problem.
Reset all settings
This procedure is separate from the previous one as it covers all settings of your Android device and not just the apps. To do this, follow the steps below:
- From the Home screen, swipe up on an empty spot to open the Apps tray.
- Tap General Management > Reset settings.
- Tap Reset settings.
- If you have set up a PIN, enter it.
- Tap Reset settings. Once complete a confirmation window will appear.
The easiest way to fix issues with your Google account or its services or apps is factory reset. If the cause of the freezing problem is an unknown operating system, factory reset may also help. Refer to the steps above on how to factory reset your J7.
Problem #4: How to unblock a Galaxy J7 with FRP lock
Hi. I thought my phone hang up and didn’t open, it says “Custom Binary Blocked by FRP” at the upper left corner. What should I do to make it work again? I tried the suggestion from YouTube and other online site but to no avail since I can’t figure out how to download the firmware and the Odin as suggested in YouTube. Is it okay if you can give me the link so I can easily download it? hank you I will really appreciate it if you can respond to me promptly.
Solution: There are two ways to unblock a device that becomes unusable due to Factory Reset Protection (FRP). One is by entering the correct Google account username and password. This Google account should be the one that was added to the device before it was factory reset.
If you’ve already tried the first solution but the phone remains locked, then you should do the second option, which is to seek help from Samsung. Be sure to bring the receipt (proof of purchase) and a valid identification card. Samsung can use a special tool to bypass FRP for you.
Problem #5: How to fix Galaxy J7 voice calling issue: sound is garbled and other party can’t hear
Whether I initiate the call or the call is inbound to me, the same issue. The other side says my voice is garbled, or sounds like a roar in the background, etc. They can’t hear or understand what I say. This only started happening recently. I can play music in the car via BT, use google maps via the car audio no problem. This is a stock BT system, 2013 Honda CR-V. I’ve unpaired and back, no improvement. How can I tell if the problem is my phone or the Honda BT system? Thanks.
Solution: There’s a number of factors that can affect voice calling quality. In your situation, try to narrow down the possibilities by removing them one by one. For instance, to know if the problem is due to your car’s Bluetooth system or not, you can disconnect the phone from it and try calling normally (without any Bluetooth device attached).
If the issue continues even without any Bluetooth gadget, you can then move on to checking if it’s an app issue or not. To do that, you can try to clear the cache and data of your Phone app. Or, you can use another Phone app to make calls.
To check if there’s any software or operating system bug causing the problem, factory reset may be necessary. Be sure to check the steps above if you have no idea how to do it. Don’t forget to back your files up before wiping the phone.
Voice calling quality also depends on your network operator’s system. Sometimes, their network may suffer from glitches or malfunction. If nothing will change after you factory reset your phone, be sure to talk to them for help.
Engage with us
If you are one of the users who encounters a problem with your device, let us know. We offer solutions for Android-related problems for free so if you have an issue with your Android device, simply fill in the short questionnaire in this link and we will try to publish our answers in the next posts. We cannot guarantee a quick response so if your issue is time sensitive, please find another way to resolve your problem.
If you find this post helpful, please help us by spreading the word to your friends. TheDroidGuy has social network presence as well so you may want to interact with our community in our Facebook and Google+ pages.
- Problem #1: Galaxy J7 Pro sound is low when using headphone
- Problem #2: How to create a backup if Galaxy J7 Prime keeps freezing after an update
- Problem #3: How to fix a Galaxy J7 Pro with Google apps freezing and crashing
- Problem #4: How to unblock a Galaxy J7 with FRP lock
- Problem #5: How to fix Galaxy J7 voice calling issue: sound is garbled and other party can’t hear
- Engage with us