The #Samsung #Galaxy #S8 is a flagship phone released last year that offers a new look as it is has a different design when compared to its predecessor. This model sports a large 5.8 inch Super AMOLED display despite having a similar overall body dimension as the S7. This is made possible since this phone no longer has any physical home button. Under the hood is a Snapdragon 835 processor which when combined with 4GB of RAM allows the phone to run any app smoothly. Although this is a solid performing phone there are instances when certain issues can occur which we will be addressing today. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the Galaxy S8 not turning on after software update issue and other related problems.
S8 Not Turning On After Software Update
Problem: Installed software update on my samsung S8 . Firstly it shower blue screen with error but by pressing volume and power it installed afterwards completely. After 5 mins the screen hanged and phone turned off. Its not charging and not turning on. Not even the logo. I tried Volume up+ power, volume+down+power etc etc. Nothing works. Kept it on charging for whole day no charging showing. Software updated properly. I haven’t disturbed hardware at all. Please help.
Solution: The first thing you will need to do in this case is to make sure that the phone battery has sufficient charge. Charge the phone for at least 20 minutes using a wall charger and make sure that you see the charging indicator. If there is no charging indicator then try the following steps.
- Clean the charging port using a can of compressed air. Make sure to remove any dirt or debris stuck in this port.
- Charge the phone using a different charging cord and wall charger. If it does not charge then try charging from a computer USB port.
Once the phone has charged proceed with the following troubleshooting steps.
- Press and hold both power and volume down buttons for at least 10 seconds.
- Try starting the phone in Safe Mode. If the phone starts in this mode then restart the device and check if it will now start normally.
- Start the phone in recovery mode then wipe the cache partition of the device and follow this up with a factory reset. Take note that this will erase your phone data.
If the above steps fails to fix the problem then you should bring the phone to a service center and have it checked.
S8 Not Turning On After Charging
Problem: Samsung S8 was powered off and on wireless charger. Phone indicated it was charged (green light) and when took off charger got green battery symbol on screen. Went to power on and nothing happens. Have tried all restart options listed on site. Have tried to connect to computer and computer will not acknowledge the phone so cannot back up. When on wireless charger the charger indicates it is charging. Tried plugging into power bank that has power screen. Power bank indicates it is charging the phone but the phone shows no indication of charge. In summary, phone appeared charged up until point of powering on. Have tried 3 different chargers wireless, wall charger and power bank and 3 different cords. Chargers indicate they are charging phone, phone does not indicate it is being charged. Have attempted all reboot options listed on this site and phone will not power on. Dead phone?
Solution: It looks like the battery already has sufficient charge yet the phone will not turn on. Try performing the steps listed below to turn on your device.
- Press and hold both power and volume down buttons for at least 10 seconds. Your phone should restart.
- Check if you are able to access the Safe Mode. If you are able to then the problem could be caused by an app you downloaded. Find out what app this is and uninstall it.
- Start the phone in recovery mode. From here you should wipe the cache partition of the phone then follow this up with a factory reset. Take note that this will erase your phone data.
If the above steps fails to fix the problem then this might already be caused by a faulty hardware component. The best thing you can do right now is to bring the phone to a service center and have it checked.
S8 Crashed Due To Overheating
Problem: From Ireland in Mexico on holiday S8 Samsung crashed due to overheating. When try to charge a temperature symbol comes up on screen after the lightning bolt charge symbol. It happened while sitting out up had the phone in a bag in the shade but saying that it is 31 degree here. Won’t turn on just keeps bringing up an os download blue screen anything I can do ??? It didn’t get wet either. . .
Solution: The first thing that you will need to do in this case is to make sure that the phone cools down first. Turn it off and leave it in a shaded area or a cool area until the phone is not hot anymore. Once this is done you will need to charge the phone for at least 20 minutes using its wall charger. Turn on the phone by pressing and holding both power and volume down buttons for at least 10 seconds. If the phone does not turn on then start the device in recovery mode and do a factory reset here. Take note this will erase your phone data.
If the above steps fails to fix the problem then you will have to bring the phone to a service center and have it checked.