Do you need to find your IP or MAC address, but aren’t sure where in Windows 10 that you should look? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! If you follow the steps below, you’ll find your IP and Mac address, and remember how to do it for years to come.
Finding your IP and Mac Address
As we already mentioned, it’s super easy to find your IP and Mac address in Windows 10. All you need to do is click through a couple of windows! Here’s the steps:
- Open up the Settings app
- Click on the Network & Internet section
- Next, you have to choose a connection type.
- For our purposes, we’re looking at the Wi-Fi type. So select the Wi-Fi item.
- If you navigate to the bottom of the network names, you can click a button that says Advanced Options. Do so.
- At the bottom of the Properties section, you’ll see the information on both your IP and MAC address.
- If you’re on an Ethernet connection, you’ll want to click the Ethernet item, and then the Connected tab. Once again, the Properties section will show you information on your IP and MAC address.
As you can see, it’s extremely easy to find your IP and MAC address in Windows 10. There’s a few more steps than previous versions of the operating system, but still easy to get to.