The Galaxy S3 roaming feature is surely a convenient solution especially when you are traveling from one place to another. This will enable you to use the normal communication features of the Samsung device like emailing, calling, sending texts and browsing the Internet no matter where you are.
Despite the convenience that the Galaxy S3 roaming feature provides, there are instances wherein the added charges are no longer practical. So, if you have WiFi in your area, it might be a good idea to turn the Galaxy S3 roaming off temporarily to free yourself of extra charges in your next cell phone bill.
Disabling the Galaxy S3 Roaming Feature
Here are the steps to temporarily disable the Galaxy S3 roaming feature:
1. From the Home screen, tap the Apps icon.
2. Go to Settings. Note that you can also get to Settings by pressing the Menu key under the Home screen.
3. Under the Wireless and Networks section, select More Settings.
4. On the extension of the menu, choose Mobile Networks.
5. Uncheck the box next to Data Roaming.
6. You may also opt to turn off the network of your phone completely by unchecking the box next to Use Packet Data.
Enabling the Galaxy S3 Roaming Feature
Once you are out of range from your WiFi source or you simply want to go back on using the network provided by your carrier, you can turn on the disabled features again by following step 1 up to 4 and by putting a check in the Data Roaming and Use Packet Data boxes.
I hope that the information provided here somehow helped. For more questions, write to us at [email protected]. Just be detailed as much as possible in your questions so we can effectively pinpoint your problem and help you find the right solution for it.
Users who have something to contribute on the subject can also share their views and suggestions via email or in the comment box below.