Welcome to another installment of our troubleshooting series where we aim to help our readers who own the #Samsung #Galaxy #S9+ fix the issues that they are experiencing with their phone. This is the latest flagship model of the South Korean company which uses the latest hardware components allowing it to run any app smoothly. There are however instances when certain issues can occur which we will be addressing today. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the Galaxy S9+ WhatsApp freezes when sending message issue and other related problems.
If you own a Samsung Galaxy S9+ or any other Android device for that matter then feel free to contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concern that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
If you would like to browse the previous parts in this series then check out this link.
S9+ WhatsApp Freezes When Sending Message
Problem: Hi, Its a month since i picked my new samsung S9 plus phone with 6 GB RAM and 64 GB memory. By from last 10 days very often my Whatsapp hangs while I send message through broadcast. I had tried to uninstall and reinstall but still the problem last. My whatsapp has currently occupied 7.12 gb space on my phone. Please try to help me solve my problem without losing my whatsapp data.
Solution: The first thing that you will want to do in this case is to backup your WhatsApp data. I suggest using Google Drive when doing this.
- Open WhatsApp.
- Go to Menu Button > Settings > Chats > Chat backup.
- Tap Back up to Google Drive and set up the backup frequency
- You will be prompted to select a Google account that you will backup your chat history to. If you do not have a Google account, tap Add account when prompted.
- Tap Back up over to choose the network you wish to use for backup. Please note that backing up over cellular may result in additional data charges.
Once you have made a backup copy of your data proceed with the troubleshooting steps listed below.
- Make sure that your phone is running on the latest software version.
- Uninstall the WhatsApp app from your phone then install a fresh version from the Google Play Store. Check if the issue still occurs.
- Try checking if the problem is caused by a connection issue by using your mobile data as well as different Wi-Fi networks.
If the problem persists then you need to contact the app developer regarding this matter.
S9+ Getting Pop Up Ads
Problem: Constantly receiving full page Google Play Store pop ups every time I access my phone. The pop ups are of apps still being developed and come with a caveat that the apps may be unstable. I have no idea which app is responsible but I haven’t installed any new apps so an update is probably responsible. The pop ups interfere with the normal operation since the pop ups take several seconds to load.
Solution: The best thing that you can do right now to fix this problem is to backup your phone data then do a factory reset. Once the reset is complete make sure to install apps only from the Google Play Store to minimize the same issue from happening again. You should also not click on suspicious links from your phone browser as this might install malicious apps in your phone.
S9+ process android.process.media has stopped working
Problem: I keep getting this message “The process android.process.media has stopped working” I have a Samsung Galaxy S9 plus. I have tried several of the ideas on different websites to fix but none have worked so far.
Solution: The first thing that you will need to do in this particular case is to clear the cache and data of the Google Services Framework app as well as the Google Play Store app from the application manager. Restart the phone then check if the issue still occurs.
In case the problem persists then proceed with the troubleshooting steps listed below.
- Try resetting the app preferences of the phone. To do this go to device Settings and tap on Apps & notifications. Tap on See all apps then under App info screen, tap the three-dot icon at the top-right corner of your phone and select Reset app preferences from the menu. Confirm on the next screen. Check if the issue still occurs.
- In case the issue persists then you should backup your phone data then do a factory reset.
S9+ Cannot Be Recognized By Computer
Problem: have had the Samsung S9+ for a couple of weeks. Up until last week I was able to connect this to my computer to transfer files with no issues. Then it suddenly started saying “Cannot be recognized.” I have gone on this forum and done everything from a new cable to a new laptop (which both have the same error) to downloading Switch and a new driver. Nothing seems to work. Seeing how I have tried now three computers, all with the same issue, I think this is a bug in the phone (others have had this problem as well). Oh and it does charge on all devices, with all cables. I was wondering if you have other suggestions? Thank you
Solution: Try cleaning the charging port of the phone using a can of compressed air as dirt or debris stuck in the port could be preventing your phone from connecting to the computer.
Connect your phone to the computer by following the steps listed below.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy S9 to the PC through the USB port
- On the phone screen you should see the notification message saying “Connected for Charging” otherwise there will be s different notification saying “Connected as Media Device”
- Drag the notification area down
- Tap on the notification area to view and select the option Transfer media files
In case the issue persists then you should bring the phone to a service center and have it checked.
Engage with us
Feel free to send us your questions, suggestions and problems you’ve encountered while using your Android phone. We support every Android device that is available in the market today. And don’t worry, we won’t charge you a single penny for your questions. Contact us using this form. We read every message we receive can’t guarantee a quick response. If we were able to help you, please help us spread the word by sharing our posts with your friends.