The #Samsung #Galaxy #S8 is the latest flagship model of the South Korean giant that sports a different design from its predecessor which is the S7. The home button has been completely removed from the phone and in its place is a virtual home key which resides on the display. The fingerprint sensor has been moved at the back. This model now also uses a curved Super AMOLED display which is bumped up to a size of 5.8 inches. Although this is a solid phone there are instances when certain issues can occur which we will be addressing today. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the Galaxy S8 black screen of death issue & other related problems.
S8 Black Screen of Death
Problem: I have the black screen of death. I have tried to hold the volume and power button but nothing happens. The screen is black, the blue light is flashing but I can do nothing. I have had my phone since July 2 and now this. I’ve called my phone and it goes to vm. What can I do? I have an s8
Related Problem: Have tried all your steps still have a black screen the phone is new but has not been use for a while .Just got a newer one but it broke now need this one help the phone get warm when plugged in but in for a long time but still will not turn on
Solution: The first thing that you need to do in this case is to press and hold the power and volume down buttons for at least 10 seconds. Your phone should restart after this. If it doesn’t then proceed with the troubleshooting steps listed below.
- Charge your phone for at least 20 minutes using its wall charger.
- If the phone does not charge then try using a different charging cord and wall charger. You should also check if the phone will charge from a computer USB port.
- Turn on the phone.
If the issue persists then try turning the phone on in recovery mode. From here you will have to do a factory reset.
In case the above steps fails to fix the problem then you should bring the phone to a service center and have it checked.
S8 Camera Focus Not Working Properly
Problem: Whenever I launch the camera from wherever, and however, manually by tapping the camera app button, or when double tapping the power key, or using voice control through bluetooth remote access, the camera opens with it’s focus set about 4cm from the lens. I found that a tap on the top edge of the device itself usually straightens it out and the focus works properly, but sometimes it has to be vigorously shaken to sort it out. What is going on there? It’s as if the focus gets stuck on macro or something.
Solution: Do you have a case installed on your phone? If you have then it might be interfering with the focusing feature of the phone. Try removing the case then check if the issue still occurs. You also need to clean the camera lens using a microfiber cloth making sure that it is free from any dust or smudges.
The several other troubleshooting steps that you can do to fix this problem are as follows.
- Clear the cache and data of the camera app from the application manager.
- Start the phone in Safe Mode. Does the issue occur in this mode? If it doesn’t then the problem could be caused by an app you downloaded. Find out what app this is and uninstall it.
- Wipe the cache partition of the phone from the recovery mode.
- Backup your phone data then do a factory reset.
In case the issue still occurs after the reset then you should bring your phone to an authorized service center and have it checked.
S8 Stuck In Boot Logo
Problem: my phone stucked on boot screen. can’t even turn off. what should i do?
Solution: Does your phone have a microSD card installed? If it does then try removing it then restart the phone. This way you can check if the microSD card is causing the problem. In case your phone does not have a microSD card installed or if the issue still occurs even when the card is removed then proceed with the troubleshooting steps listed below.
- Perform a simulated battery pull by pressing and holding both power and volume down buttons for at least 10 seconds. Your phone should restart after this.
- Start your phone in Safe Mode. When the phone is started this way only the pre-installed apps are allowed to run. If your phone can start in this mode then the problem could be caused by an app you downloaded. Backup your phone data then find out what app is causing the problem then uninstall it.
- Start the phone in recovery mode then do a factory reset. Take note that this will erase your phone data.
In case the above steps fails to fix the problem then you need to bring the phone to a service center and have it checked.
S8 Cannot Send Email
Problem: Hi I’m having trouble sending emails from my new galaxy s8. I set up an icloud account on the email app and I can receive emails, but I cannot send any. Every time I try to send an email it says email failed to send. Can this be fixed?? Thank you!
Solution: What you should do in this case is to check the outgoing email server server settings of the phone and make sure that it is correct.
- Server name: smtp.mail.me.com
- SSL Required: Yes
- Port: 587
- SMTP Authentication Required: Yes
- Username: Your full iCloud email address, including the @icloud.com part
- Password: Use the password you used in the incoming mail server section, whether it was your original or the app-specific password you generated.
In case the settings are correct then you should try deleting the email account from your phone then add it again.
S8 Pairing With Apple Watch
Problem: I have had to do 2 factory resets. Reinstall EVERYTHING. This happened after 3 days ownership. I will probably bring it back. And use my Apple 6 since the sales person lied to me about being able to use my Apple watch with Android
Solution: Because the Apple Watch relies on content delivered by the iPhone you will not be able to use the Apple watch with your Android device.
S8 Can’t Turn On Blue Light Filter
Problem: My galaxy S8, I can’t check Blue light filter because it says turn off color enhancer first. It won’t let me tab screen mode or blue light filter…to turn off color enhancer. I’ve tried safe mode also.
Solution: Try turning off the video enhances setting of the phone first.
- Go to “Settings”
- Tap on “Advanced features”
- Scroll down and select “Video enhancer then make sure that it is off.
Try turning on the blue light filter.
- Select Settings.
- Choose Display.
- Toggle on the Blue Light Filter option.
- Tap on Blue Light Filter to go to its settings
- Choose the opacity and decide whether you want to keep the blue light filter on.
S8 Text Message Takes Too Long to Arrive
Problem: I have a lemon lol whenever I am texting in most specifically in a group text they come in the form of a download and often takes multiple minutes for the text to come through from others and for me to text them. I have Verizon service yet the connection always seems to be the issue. Additionally, when I receive an email from a non contact and in the future want to compose a message to someone I had previously received an email the phone is not saving their email which it had once done so only a few weeks back when I got the phone. I had since done a soft reset and that no longer is working properly.
Solution: If you are getting a download notification on your text messages then the speed will depend on your current mobile data connection. It is best that your phone has an LTE connection in order for the download to complete faster.
Regarding the email issue that you are experiencing does this happen on the stock email app of the phone? If it does then try clearing the cache and data of this app from the application manager. You will need to setup your email again once this is done.