Welcome to another installment of our troubleshooting series where we aim to help or readers who own the #Samsung #Galaxy #S6EdgePlus fix the issues that they are experiencing with their phone. Although this phone is built with quality in mind there are instances when certain issues can occur which can affect its performance. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the Galaxy S6 Edge Plus overheating issue & other related problems.
If you own a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus or any other Android device for that matter then feel free to contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concern that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
If you would like to browse the previous parts in this series then check out this link.
S6 Edge Plus Overheating
Problem: Hello, My Samsung galaxy S6 Edge Plus, is overheating and shutting off constantly. When I go to plug it in it will not charge and I have to monkey with it in order for it to even charge.
Solution: It looks like the phone is suffering from multiple issues which can be caused by different factors. To address this issue the first thing that you need to do is to make sure that the phone charges properly by following the troubleshooting steps listed below.
- Clean the charging port of the phone using a can of compressed air. Make sure to remove any dirt or debris stuck in the port.
- Try charging the phone using a different charging cord and wall charger.
- If the phone does not charge then try charging it from a computer USB port. If the phone charges this way then one of the pins of the charging port could be damaged. You will need to have this checked at a service center.
If the phone still does not charge then it’s likely that the charging port is damaged.
To address the overheating and restarting issue of the phone you will need to backup your phone data then do a factory reset.
If the above steps fails to fix the problem then you will need to bring the phone to a service center and have it checked.
S6 Edge Plus Touchscreen Not Working
Problem: My samsung galaxy s6 edge+ screen touch not working even i restart it a lot of time and restart through power home and volume down key its not working it has pin so just i cant able to type my pin as well please help me out.
Solution: The best way to troubleshoot this problem is to start the phone in recovery mode then from here perform a factory reset. Take note that this will erase your phone data. Restart the phone after this procedure. If the issue persists then it’s very likely that the digitizer of the phone is damaged. You will need to have this checked at a service center.
S6 Edge Plus Stuck In Google Account Verification Screen
Problem: Hello, I recently bought a samsung galaxy s6 edge plus (SM-G928F) but I am stuck on the google account verification screen. I tried the odin bypass and it failed, I tried OTG bypass but the file explorer won’t pop up, I tried sidesync but that also didn’t work. Last i tried the dial method but that returned an error. So now i am out of options and i really want to use the phone. So my question is: is there any other bypass method? i’m out of ideas and really need help.
Solution: The best way to resolve this issue is to ask the previous owner of the phone for the Google account used on the device then use this information on the Google account verification screen. In case this is not possible then try the following steps listed below.
- Downloaded and install Samsung SideSync on PC then start it
- Start device until you see the Google Account Protection
- Connect phone via USB to PC which shows a small popup menu on the phone
- From that menu, open Chrome then browse to: http://rootjunkysdl.com/files/?dir=Apps
- Download the file: com.sika524.android.quickshortcut.apk. This is the Quick Shortcut Maker
- Hit the back button until you see the first page in Chrome and hit OK to start the Samsung Apps.If you closed Chrome, just unplug the USB cable and connect phone again
- In Samsung Apps search for ES File Explorer and install it (or any other File Browser).You will be prompted to login with your Samsung Account to be able to install the app, just do it
- Open ES File Explorer and install the APK that you’ve downloaded before (it’s in the Downloads folder)
- Open Quick Shortcut Maker and wait for all apps to populate
- Scroll down and tap on “Google Account Manager” to expand it
- Scroll down until you see the one with the description “Type Email and Password”
- Go the menu in the right top corner and select “Browser sign-in”
- Login with your own Google Account
- Hit the “Back” button until you are at the first screen again or at least until the Wi-Fi selection
- Now follow the wizard, you have successfully added your own account and the other one is forgotten
Problem: Yesterday my phone started to get glitchy and now it turns on but he bottom half of the screen is green and black. And when I do get to the ‘swipe to open ‘ screen i can like open my phone and the touch screen works but when I try to go to settings it glitches out and then turns black. And it hasn’t fallen in water or anything but I did drop it the day before all this happened, and it’s not cracked or anything.
Solution: The best way to address this problem is to backup your phone data then do a factory reset. If after the reset the issue still occurs then you will need to bring the phone to a service center and have it checked as this could already be caused by a faulty display assembly,
S6 Edge Plus Not Turning On
Problem: Hello, my phone currently could not be turned on. I shut down the phone at midnight and left it charging till morning, and then when i tried to turn it on during the morning, it keeps shutting down after showing the “installing system update” screen. I have tried running it in safe mode and recovery mode, but it doesn’t work maybe because it’s updating or the phone shuts down before reaching those phases. I also did the force restart but it still keeps shutting down. What could the problem be?
Solution: What you will want to do right now is make sure that the battery of the phone has sufficient charge. Once this is done perform the troubleshooting steps listed below.
- Wipe the cache partition of the phone from the recovery mode. Restart the phone.
- Start the phone in recovery mode then do a factory reset. Take note that this will erase your phone data.
S6 Edge Plus Screen Is Unresponsive When Mobile Data Is On
Problem: I recently notice that my s6 edge plus screen goes unresponsive when the mobile is turned on, you need to press the back button for it to respond it’s like it’s being locked after you are not touching it. Or you anything there is an ad that is trying to pop up it’s just not showing up on the screen? Thanks in advance
Solution: It looks like this is caused by some form of software glitch. Follow the troubleshooting steps listed below to fix this problem.
- Start the phone in Safe Mode then check if the issue occurs in this mode. If it doesn’t then it could be caused by an app you downloaded. Find out what app this is and uninstall it.
- Wipe the cache partition of the phone from the recovery mode.
- Backup your phone data then do a factory reset.
Engage with us
Feel free to send us your questions, suggestions and problems you’ve encountered while using your Android phone. We support every Android device that is available in the market today. And don’t worry, we won’t charge you a single penny for your questions. Contact us using this form. We read every message we receive can’t guarantee a quick response. If we were able to help you, please help us spread the word by sharing our posts with your friends.