The #Samsung #Galaxy #Note5 is soon getting a successor in the form of the #Note8. Before this happens though this model is still enjoying its long run of being the latest Note device that’s available in the market. First released in 2015, this phone is still quite capable of running any app smoothly. Although this device is being used by a lot of people as their reliable daily driver without experiencing any problems there are instances when certain issues can occur which we will be addressing today. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the Galaxy Note 5 screen is frozen unresponsive issue & other related problems.
If you own a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 or any other Android device for that matter then feel free to contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concern that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
If you would like to browse the previous parts in this series then check out this link.
- Note 5 Screen Is Frozen Unresponsive
- Note 5 Not Charging Stuck On Samsung Logo
- Note 5 Bypassing FRP When Charging Port Is Broken
- Note 5 Freezes After Software Update
- Note 5 Stuck In Verizon Screen
- Note 5 Takes Too Long To Charge
- Note 5 Touchscreen Not Working With Finger
- Note 5 Has Green Blot Spreading On Screen
Note 5 Screen Is Frozen Unresponsive
Problem: I have a Samsung note 5 and was using it when it locked up and now will not do anything screen is frozen. I have tried holding down the home key, nothing. Have tried the power key, nothing. You help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Solution: Try holding and pressing the power and volume down button for at least 10 seconds. The phone should restart after this. If the phone still remains frozen then long press on the power button until the phone turns off. When the phone turns off you should start the phone in Safe Mode. Check if the phone still freezes in this mode. If it doesn’t then the problem could be caused by an app you downloaded. Find out what app this is and uninstall it. If the problem still occurs
even in Safe Mode then you need to start the phone in recovery mode then do a factory reset. Take note that this will erase your phone data.
If the above steps fails to fix the problem then you need to bring the phone to a service center and have it checked.
Note 5 Not Charging Stuck On Samsung Logo
Problem: My note 5 will not charge and when i try to turn it on the samsung logo comes on and then right back off
Solution: It’s possible that the problem is hardware related possibly caused by a faulty battery. Before bringing the phone to a service center you should first perform the troubleshooting steps listed below.
- Clean the charging port of the phone using a can of compressed air. Make sure to remove any dirt or debris stuck in this port.
- Try charging the phone using a different charging cord.
- Try charging the phone using a different wall charger.
- Check if your phone can charge from a computer USB port. If your phone charges this way then one of the pins of the charging port might be defective. You will need to have this checked at a service center.
If your phone does not charge even after performing the steps listed above then you need to have this checked at a service center.
Note 5 Bypassing FRP When Charging Port Is Broken
Problem: Samsung galaxy note 5 trying to bypass frp so have the program you recommend on memory stick but my problem is my charging port is broken and I have to charge wirelessly. Is there anyway to wirelessly have the note 5 initialize the memory stick and have the program installed?
Solution: If you are going to use the memory stick method to bypass the FRP of the phone then the charging port of your phone should be functioning. If this port is broken then you need to have this repaired first.
Note 5 Freezes After Software Update
Problem: My note 5 did an update about a week ago to the newest operating system. Now half of my apps won’t run, or they freeze. My music won’t play because it says “can’t play during a call”, even though I’m not calling or nobody is calling me. Facebook freezes in under a minute. I’m about to go crazy. I have never had a problem with any updates, and this one has screwed everything up.
Solution: It’s very likely that some form of old software data that has not been completely removed is causing this problem. This old data is causing a conflict with the new software version resulting in this freezing issue. What you will want to do right now is to backup your phone data then do a factory reset.
Note 5 Stuck In Verizon Screen
Problem: Hello! I restarted my phone and it is stuck on the Verizon restart screen. I’m unable to do anything, holding down any buttons does nothing. What should my next step be?
Solution: What you should do in this case is to first try a simulated battery pull. This is done by pressing and holding both the power and volume down buttons for at least 10 seconds. Your phone should restart after this. If it still gets stuck in the Verizon screen then follow the troubleshooting steps listed below.
- Connect the phone to its charger then do a restart. If the phone starts normally then this could be a power related problem which can be caused by the battery not having enough charge or a faulty battery. Try to check if the only way the phone starts is if it is connected to its charger and if it does then you need to have this checked at a service center.
- Try starting the phone in Safe Mode. Does the problem occur in this mode? If it doesn’t then it could be caused by an app you downloaded. Find out what app this is and uninstall it.
- Wipe the cache partition of the phone from the recovery mode.
- Start the phone in recovery mode then do a factory reset. Take note that this will erase your phone data.
Note 5 Takes Too Long To Charge
Problem: So recently I had gotten a galaxy note 5, 3 days to be exact and as turned on the phone to charge the battery was at 18% so I put it to charge and the port was not working so I took the charger from my galaxy tab to use to charge it and the phone takes really long to charge, yesterday I put it to charge and it charged for over 12 hours and was 72% so I left it to charge some more and it went down to 69% the battery life itself goes down a little fast
Solution: Listed below are the several troubleshooting steps that you need to perform whenever the phone charges for a long time.
- Clean the charging port of your phone making sure that any dirt or debris stuck in the port is removed.
- Try charging the phone using a different charging cord and wall charger.
- Sometimes a rogue app or a software glitch can cause the phone to charge slowly. To check if this is the case you need to backup your phone data then do a factory reset. Once the reset is done check if the issue still occurs.
If the issue persists even after performing the steps listed above then you need to bring your phone to a service center and have it checked as the battery could be faulty.
Note 5 Touchscreen Not Working With Finger
Problem: I am having issues with my touch screen. When I use my finger as usual to operate my Samsung note 5 it does not respond. It started shortly after a little drop of water got on the screen. My s pen works but I need to be able to use My finger. Please give me a solution. Thank you.
Solution: It looks like the problem is caused by a faulty digitizer. To check if this is the case you need to backup your phone data then do a factory reset. If after the reset the problem remains then you need to bring your phone to a service center and have it checked as the digitizer could already be damaged.
Note 5 Has Green Blot Spreading On Screen
Problem: My galaxy has had a slight crack in the screen for months but a week ago my teething grandson slobbered on it had purple lines appeared in the lower right corner. The next day it turned into a larger blot and has green spreading. I can barely see my keyboard,to type. What can I do to Prevent this ink It from darkening my entire screen?
Solution: Because the display has been physically damaged there is no effective way to prevent the green blot from spreading. The best thing that you can do right now is to have the display assembly replaced at a service center.
Engage with us
Feel free to send us your questions, suggestions and problems you’ve encountered while using your Android phone. We support every Android device that is available in the market today. And don’t worry, we won’t charge you a single penny for your questions. Contact us using this form. We read every message we receive can’t guarantee a quick response. If we were able to help you, please help us spread the word by sharing our posts with your friends.