One of the worst things that could happen to your #Samsung #Galaxy #S6Edge is when it is almost running out of battery and the phone refuses to charge. There are a lot of factors that can cause this particular issue such as a faulty charger or a bad battery just to name a few. One of our readers is having this particular problem in which the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge is not charging. We will take a look at this issue as well as other related problems and provide the best troubleshooting step that can be done.
If you own a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge or any other Android device for that matter then feel free to contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concern that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
If you would like to browse the previous parts in this series then check out this link.
S6 Edge Is Not Charging
Problem: My samsung galaxy s6 edge plus is not charging. I’ve tried multiple charges and tested those charges. They work but not in my phone. I saw your instructions to do a soft reset but my phone has a glass back so how would I take it off to remove the battery? Can you please help me with this. I would so appreciate it.
Related Problem: My phone won’t charge and I have tired safe mode, factory reset, different plugs, different cords, most outlets in my house, and when plugging it into my computer it doesn’t read. I don’t have the original cord for it but all the cords and plugs I used work for tablet. I really need help so if you can please recommend anything that might help
Solution: Listed below are the troubleshooting steps that you need to perform when the phone refuses to charge. After performing each step check if the issue still occurs and if it does then you have to proceed to the next step.
- Clean the charging port of the phone using a can of compressed air. Make sure that any dirt or debris stuck in this port is removed.
- Try using a different charging cord and wall charger to charge the phone.
- Check if the phone can charge from a computer USB port. If it does then one of the pins of the charging port is faulty in which case you will need to have this checked at a service center.
- Check if the phone can charge if it is off. If it does then the power IC of the phone could be faulty. You will need to have this checked at a service center.
- If you have a wireless charger then try using this to charge your phone. If the phone charges then the problem could be caused by a faulty charging port. You will need to have this checked at a service center.
In case the above steps fails to fix the problem then you should bring the phone to a service center and have it checked.
S6 Edge Stuck On Black Screen After Charging
Problem: I have a galaxy s6 edge… So I was using my phone perfectly fine yesterday last night and when I put my phone down to charge the next day my phone was stuck on black screen with blue flashing light. ( also the buttons are not responding either ) I can’t even restart my phone. Any help?
Solution: The first thing you need to do in this case is to simulate a battery pull. This is done by pressing and holding both power and volume down buttons for at least 10 seconds. Your phone should restart after this. If the issue persists then proceed with the following steps.
- Clean the charging port of the phone using a can of compressed air.
- Charge your phone for at least 20 minutes using its wall charger. If the phone does not charge then try using a different charging cord and wall charger. You should also try charging the phone from a computer USB port.
- Turn on the phone.
If the above steps fails to fix the problem then you will need to bring the phone to a service center and have it checked.
S6 Edge Samsung Logo Is Flashing
Problem: hi i have a Samsung s6 edge and the start up Samsung sign is just flashing with a black background, I have tried to switch it off but nothing happens I have also tried to put it on charge and leave it for a while but still nothing.
Solution: Try pressing and holding both power and volume down buttons for at least 10 seconds. Your phone will restart after this. If the issue still persists then you should start the phone in recovery mode then from here do a factory reset. Take note that the reset will erase your phone data.
One last troubleshooting step to consider is to flash the phone with its updated stock firmware file. You can get this file as well as the instructions on how to flash your phone at the Sammobile website.
If the above steps fails to fix the problem then I recommend that you have this checked at a service center.
Engage with us
Feel free to send us your questions, suggestions and problems you’ve encountered while using your Android phone. We support every Android device that is available in the market today. And don’t worry, we won’t charge you a single penny for your questions. Contact us using this form. We read every message we receive can’t guarantee a quick response. If we were able to help you, please help us spread the word by sharing our posts with your friends.