A user in China has uploaded some pictures on social networking site Baidu, revealing what appears to be a burnt Samsung Galaxy Note 7. According to the user, the smartphone spontaneously exploded and caught fire while being charged with Samsung’s USB Type-C to micro USB adapter (which is provided by the company with the device). It seems like the user was charging the phone with a third party micro USB charger, so foul play cannot be ruled out as of yet.
So until Samsung gets to the bottom of this, we recommend you stick to using the official charger that is provided with the smartphone. As we know, Samsung switched to the USB Type-C port with the Galaxy Note 7. Knowing that there are quite a few users with micro USB charging cables, Samsung decided to offer an adapter with the device so as to offer backward compatibility with older cables. But this seems to be one of the side effects of using such cables.
Samsung hasn’t commented on the issue yet.
Via: Phone Arena