A new user in the U.S. has found out the hard way that smartphones cannot be taken for granted. His #Samsung #GalaxyS6edge+ was supposedly being charged when he discovered “sizzling and nasty fumes erupting” from the device. Obviously, the battery had caught on fire resulting in the melting of the back panel as well as the cover that was attached to it.
The user has clarified that the device was being charged with a Galaxy S III charger, which as it turns out didn’t have much to do with the melting of the device. Repair Center, an outlet in Pembroke Pines, Florida where the device was taken to, has categorically mentioned that the fault lies with the battery itself and not the charger. It is also likely that a pre-existing condition with the phone caused the phone to burn up.
Samsung hasn’t commented on this yet, but we’re hoping to get a clarification from the company soon so as to assure users that this is an isolated incident. Since we’ve only heard from the user at this point, foul play cannot be ruled out. What do you think?
Via: Techno Buffalo