When the #Samsung #Galaxy #S5 was released way back in 2014 a lot of people were impressed with its display quality. Sporting a 5.1 inch Super AMOLED display with 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution at 432 ppi, the screen can give amazing colors. Even today this device can still compete with the newer phone models in terms of display quality. There are however instances when certain issues can occur on the screen of this phone. This is what we will be concentrating on today as we tackle the Galaxy S5 screen randomly flickers issue & other related problems.
If you own a Samsung Galaxy S5 or any other Android device for that matter then feel free to contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concern that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
If you would like to browse the previous parts in this series then check out this link.
S5 Screen Randomly Flickers
Problem: My screen just randomly starts flickering out of the blue I haven’t dropped it or anything it’s just randomly started. Its doesn’t do it constantly it just starts everyday at random times
Solution: If the flickering issue just starts randomly then it’s possible that this could be a software related issue. Listed below are the troubleshooting steps that you need to perform to resolve this type of problem. Move to the next step if the issue still occurs.
- Start by turning off the auto screen brightness of the device and setting the brightness manually. Sometimes the flickering is caused by the brightness level constantly changing due to a faulty sensor.
- Wipe the cache partition of your phone from the recovery mode. Random issues are usually caused by temporary data stored in the phone and one best way to clear out this temporary data is be performing this step.
- Start the phone in Safe Mode then observe if the issue occurs in this mode. If it doesn’t then an app you downloaded could be causing the problem. Find out what app this is and uninstall it.
- Backup your phone data and do a factory reset.
S5 Screen Completely Black
Problem: I left my phone on a heating pad last night and the screen is completely black. The buttons are lighting up and I was wondering if there was anything to fix this problem?
Solution: It’s possible that the display could have been damaged by the heat or some component inside the phone has been affected by the heat.
Below are the steps that you need to perform to resolve this issue. Move to the next step if the issue still remains.
- Take out the phone battery then press and hold the power button for at least a minute. This will discharge the phone circuit and clear out its RAM. Reinsert the battery then turn on your phone.
- Charge the phone for at least 20 minutes then turn it on.
- Start the phone in recovery mode then wipe its cache partition.
- Start the phone in recovery mode then do a factory reset. Take note that this will delete your phone data so make sure to do this only if you have a backup copy.
If the above steps fail to resolve the issue then this could already be a hardware issue. I suggest you have your phone checked at an authorized service center if this is the case.
S5 Flickering Yellow Screen
Problem: My screen turns to flickering and yellowish tinted screen suddenly when im using…i dont know why its happen..i try to fix it by myself like a reboot the device and also delete all the data..it doesn’t work out…but when i press the screen around the secondary camera and also samsung brand name the device screen turn to white normal screen until i press the area, when i unpress the area..it come back to normal yellow screen..what should i do now?
Solution: Since you mentioned that if you press the area at the back of the phone the screen becomes normal then this is already a hardware related issue. There may be some loose connection inside the phone causing this problem. I suggest you being your device to an authorized service center and have it checked.
S5 Screen Has Light Brown Horizontal Lines
Problem: Light brown horizontal line that either blends in with darker backgrounds, but is visible in lighter and white backgrounds. Does not seem to touch all the edges. Started about three weeks ago. Have not dropped or been exposed to water. Have two programs to help monitor and cool down phone. Have screenshot, but cannot find place to attach.
Solution: You should try to check first if this issue is software related by performing the troubleshooting steps listed below. Move to the next step if the problem still persists.
- Wipe the cache partition of your phone from the recovery mode. This takes out the temporary data of your device which could be causing this issue.
- Start the phone in Safe Mode. Check if the issue occurs in this mode. If it doesn’t then it could be caused by an app you downloaded. Find out what app this is and uninstall it.
- Backup your phone data then do a factory reset. Immediately check if the problem still occurs.
If the above steps fail to resolve the issue then this may already be a hardware related problem. I recommend you have your phone checked at an authorized service center.
S5 Line Visible On Screen At Dim Setting
Problem: The line is only viable on the most dim setting and also when I have the screen dimmer app active. The line makes a classy distinction between what seems to be 2 parts of the screen. The line is on the “asdfghjkl” part of the keyboard and stays there whether the keyboard is up or another app is in use. When the screen brightness is turned up the line is no longer visible. The upper part of the screen is a tad more fun than the bottom. The bottom part appears to be flickerir near the line and appears add two different shades of brightness; although , not noticeable unless you touch the screen or scroll the page. Could this be an LED issue?
Solution: It’s possible that this could already be a display issue since it is visible even when different apps are running. I would suggest you try to check first if this is a software related issue by doing the steps listed below. Move to the next step if you still see the line.
- Wipe the cache partition of your phone from the recovery mode.
- Start the phone in Safe Mode. If the line is not present then it could be caused by an app you downloaded. Find out what app this is and uninstall it.
- Backup your phone data then do a factory reset. After the reset do not install anything in your phone yet. Check first if the issue still occurs.
If after performing the steps listed above the issue still remains then this is already a hardware related problem most likely caused by a damaged display. I recommend you have your phone checked at an authorized service center if this is the case.
S5 Screen Is Black With Yellow Strips
Problem: i was in the middle of text and my screen went black with yellow strips in it and now it flickers like crazy when I touch it. Sometimes the screen with turn a light yellow and work for about 30 secs until it goes white and pick and the whole screen is unable to be read. My phone has no cracks and dents or anything along those lines. I would just like and explanation and an way to fix the problem. thank you
Solution: In cases where the screen goes black the usual culprit is the display itself that is already faulty. You should however check if the phone software has anything to do with this problem by starting your phone in recovery mode. If the issue does not occur in this mode then you should do a factory reset. Take note that this will delete your phone data so make sure to have a backup copy before proceeding. If however the issue still occurs even in recovery mode then this is already a hardware problem. You will need to bring your phone to an authorized service center and have it checked.
Engage with us
Feel free to send us your questions, suggestions and problems you’ve encountered while using your Android phone. We support every Android device that is available in the market today. And don’t worry, we won’t charge you a single penny for your questions. Contact us using this form. We read every message we receive can’t guarantee a quick response. If we were able to help you, please help us spread the word by sharing our posts with your friends.