#OnePlus2 owners are eagerly awaiting the release of the #Android #Marshmallow update on their smartphone, but the wait somehow kept getting longer. But users can now get their hands on the public beta version of the Oxygen OS 3.0 ROM, which is based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. The smartphone will see a bunch of new upgrades post the update, which the company has been kind enough to detail on its forum:
Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow upgrade
New OnePlus Camera UI
- UI has been cleaned up: swiping up/down now switches between photo/video, whereas HD/HDR and flash settings live in the top right corner
- You can now change the aspect ratio and toggle grid view without going all the way to the settings
New wallpaper picker
- Easily preview and set both home screen and lock screen wallpaper in one place.
Shelf UX has been improved
- No more edit mode, long press boards to rearrange or remove
General system performance improvements
- Benchmarked 47% faster than OxygenOS 2.2.1 on key test scenarios
Fingerprint performance improvement
- Tested 45% faster than OxygenOS 2.2.1 on average
- Old app permissions are gone, say hi to new (native Android) app permissions.
- Alert Slider has its own entry point with more customization options
- Improved settings menu readability by changing the order a bit
March security patches
You can get the update file from the official OnePlus forum page (link below). Be advised that this is a beta version of the ROM and might not be fully functional. Also read the full thread over at OnePlus Forums to understand what will be different after the update. Good luck!
Source: OnePlus Forums
Via: Android Police