Here are some of the most common firmware problems encountered and reported by #Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus (#S6EdgePlus) owners including the “Unfortunately, Touchwiz Home has stopped” error. Continue reading to learn more about these issues and how to fix them in case you’d encounter one in the future.
To make it easier for you to know the problems I cited in this post, here’s the list of the topics…
- Galaxy S6 Edge+ can’t get past the verification stage after factory reset
- S6 Edge+ stuck on boot loop after a rooting process
- S Voice is acting up on the Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
- Ad instructing owner to download or install specific games
- Galaxy S6 Edge+ hangs a lot, performance is very slow
- Touchwiz Home has stopped error on Galaxy S6 Edge+
For those who have other issues, feel free to fill up this questionnaire and hit submit to contact us. We are always willing to help but make sure you provide all necessary details so we can help you better. You may also skim through our troubleshooting page and look for problems similar to yours and use the solutions we provided.
Problem: Hello. I bought Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus. Done factory reset. After when phone was starting again its a verification procedure. The problem is I cant pass a Gmail verification and can’t get in to the phone. Please help is any solution how can I pass it? Regards, Robert.
Related Problem: I have hard reset my phone to factory ….but the phone dose not recognize my gmail account and keeps refreshing me back to the same log in over and over …I have already changed my password on another phone on the recovery site and the phone still does not recognize my gmail or password….please help.
Solution: Just wait for 72 hours and you should be able to get past the setup stage. That’s the only way you can work around it.
Problem: I attempted to root the phone, as I had previously done with all of my phones. It appears something went awry. I am trapped in the dreaded bootloop. Is there any way you can give me a stock firmware?
Answer: For boot loop cases that were caused by firmware-related issues, wiping the cache partition often fixes them. So try these steps first…
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time: Volume Up key, Home key, and Power key.
- When the phone vibrates, release the Power key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key.
- When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.
- Press the Volume Down key to highlight ‘wipe cache partition.’
- Press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, ‘Reboot system now’ is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
If this procedure couldn’t fix the problem, try doing the master reset at once. If that failed either, log on to SamMobile.com and search for the firmware of your phone.
Problem: Hello. I had a question because my S Voice on my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge plus keeps acting up. It keeps chirping or going off without me engaging it. It is a bit uncontrollable and unpredictable. I don’t want to turn it off or silence because I want engage from time to time. What should I do to fix it? Thanks.
Solution: Just clear its cache and data to reset it to default settings. It should work properly after that, however, if the problem remained after that, it means the problem is not just with the S Voice but with the firmware itself.
The next thing you should do is check if there’s an available update or you can simply proceed with master reset. If the problem started just recently, this procedure is very effective:
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.
- Press and hold the Volume Up, Home and Power keys together.
- When the device powers on and displays ‘Power on logo’, release all keys and the Android icon will appear on the screen.
- Wait until the Android Recovery Screen appears after about 30 seconds.
- Using the Volume Down key, highlight the option, ‘wipe data/factory reset’ and press the Power key to select it.
- Press the Vol Down button again until the option ‘Yes — delete all user data’ is highlighted and then press the Power key to select it.
- After the reset is complete, highlight ‘Reboot system now’ and hit the Power key to restart the phone.
Problem: While browsing, Play Store will randomly open, asking me to install specific games. Sometimes, it will redirect me to a website namely androdclean.net, saying that my battery is seriously damaged and needs to be repaired. I did a factory reset once but the same problem occurs.
Answer: They’re definitely ads and don’t be fooled by them. There might be an app you installed that carry these ads. Take time to inspect all installed apps and if you find something suspicious, uninstall it immediately.
Apps developed by reputable developers and companies often don’t contain ads. If they do, the ads are filtered and wouldn’t pop up to disrupt what you’re doing. As a rule of thumb, don’t install any app that’s being suggested by these ads as they bring more and more ads. The more they want you to install an app, the farther you steer away from them.
Problem: Switches off randomly, phone hangs a lot although no application is running…overall very very poor performance.
Solution: I don’t know why your phone is acting up like this but I’m pretty sure it’s a firmware issue. Everything must be really slow in your phone and it might be impossible to backup your data, files, pictures, videos, etc. but try to back them up and then do the master reset. That should fix the problem.
Problem: I’ve had my S6 Edge Plus for about 1-2 months now and really digging it. However I seem to have a issue with the lockscreen. About 1-6 times every day when I try to wake the screen, the touch buttons light up but the screen itself needs 10-20 seconds before I can unlock the phone (note that during this time I can’t hold my finger on the home button to unlock it either so its not just the screen being black but the entire phone freezing). Some of these times I noticed that “TouchWiz Home is not responding” has appeared and wondered if that could be the problem (?). Any fix is appreciated, Thank you! Regards – Michael
Troubleshooting: You have two options here. First, you have to go after the Touchwiz Home service by clearing its cache and data. If that failed, then you have to do the master reset but make sure you made a backup of your data before doing that.
Clear cache and data of Touchwiz Home
- From any Home screen, tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll to ‘APPLICATIONS,’ then tap Application manager.
- Swipe right to the ALL screen.
- Scroll to and tap Touchwiz Home.
- Tap Clear cache.
- Tap Clear data, then OK.
Connect with us
We are always open to your problems, questions and suggestions, so feel free to contact us by filling up this form. This is a free service we offer and we won’t charge you a penny for it. But please note that we receive hundreds of emails every day and it’s impossible for us to respond to every single one of them. But rest assured we read every message we receive. For those whom we’ve helped, please spread the word by sharing our posts to your friends or by simply liking our Facebook and Google+ page or follow us on Twitter.