Just like any other smartphone today, Samsung’s latest flagship, the #GalaxyS6 series suffers from all forms of issues like the ones mentioned below. In this article, we focus on some of the app-related problems shared by some members of our community. Take a look and see if our solutions will work on your issue too.
- Outlook account on Galaxy S6 not showing all folders
- Galaxy S6 volume turns down by itself when listening to music via Pandora
- How to restore deleted emails in Galaxy S6
- Lotus Notes/Domino email app issue on Galaxy S6
- Galaxy S6 cannot send email when on mobile data connection
- Facebook account on Galaxy S6 hacked
- Galaxy S6 boot loop issue
If you are looking for solutions to your own #Android issue, you can contact us by using the link provided at the bottom of this page.
I have an HTC One (M7) and my wife has a Samsung S6. I can view & access the folder structure of my Outlook email Inbox on my HTC but she can’t; her S6 doesn’t even give you a “folder” option. These sub-folders were created on both my HTC phone & my Dell laptop. They integrate/sync seamlessly on the HTC. No such luck on the S6. I have read a lot of “TDG” posts about Outlook not syncing with the S6 but have seen no viable solution. Akruto does not sync email – only contacts & calendar; same for Companion Link. Our ISP (Sprint) wants the account set up as POP3 not IMAP. Any new suggestions? — Dick
Solution: Hi Dick. We can’t see any reason why sub-folders on your Outlook account is not mirrored on your wife’s S6. We tried to replicate your issue in our lab by configuring an Outlook account in a stock email app and using the official Microsoft Outlook app and everything shows up as expected so there must be something that prevents that from happening on your S6.
If you haven’t used the official Outlook app, we recommend that you do so, if only to allow you get an updated look of your Outlook account on the S6.
I have a Samsung Galaxy S6. While listening to Pandora, there are times where the volume is turned all the way down. I am not depressing the volume button on accident or purpose and it doesn’t happen when I first start to listen. It begins several minutes afterward. If I try to manually turn it back up, it forces it back down. The only way to make it stop is to reboot or close the app.
It doesn’t happen all the time. That’s what makes me think that it is a specific app or apps that causes it. I really don’t know. At first I thought it was a virus of some sort and ran several scans and found nothing. — John
Solution: Hi John. Did you check if it’s a physical button issue by playing something some music on other apps? While rare, it’s not impossible to experience a bad button issue on an S6. Try to play some music or videos on any other app for a long time and observe if volume goes down by itself. If it doesn’t you may be right; this may be an app bug.
Try booting your phone in safe mode and play some music using the stock music player. This way you’ll know if the problem is due to a third party app. To restart in safe mode, just follow these steps:
- Press and hold the Volume Down and Power keys for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Once you see the Samsung logo, release the Power key immediately but continue pressing the Volume Down key.
- Your phone should continue booting up and you will be prompted to unlock your phone as usual.
- You will know if the phone successfully booted in safe mode if the text “Safe mode” is displayed at the lower-left corner of the screen.
There is no move option in the more sections of the email trash folder. So I cannot undelete an email that I inadvertently deleted and move it back to my inbox to respond. The respond features are greyed out while the message is in the trash bin as well. My Galaxy S4 had a move feature and also allow you to respond from the trash bin I believe. This is urgent and a very important issue for me to resolve as I use this for my work email.
I have 3 email addresses and they are all POP email when is Roadrunner and to our Go Daddy. I know I can login to the web mail to deal with this however I set the phone to delete from the server when deleted on the phone so the emails are no longer there. Can you help me? — Keely
Solution: Hi Keely. The only options under trash folder when you tap on More are: Edit (Add Star or Mark As Read), Sort By, Delete All, Settings (View as, Autofit, Notifications, Spam, Confirm deletions). There’s no way for a user to undelete or undo the deletion from trash folder. To restore deleted emails simply follow these steps:
- Go to Inbox.
- Tap on the drop down arrow.
- Scroll down to Recycle bin.
- Mark the emails you want to restore.
- Tap MORE.
- Tap Move.
- Tap Inbox.
- Your emails are now restored.
I use Lotus Notes/Domino email and when I synch with my Android phone, two issues occurred:
1) When I forward emails or reply to emails from S6 phone, the original message (history) gets truncated from the email I forwarded or replied to. When I had the S4 phone, I could check the box to include the original message and the history is sent with the email (forward or reply). I cannot find the same check box in the S6 phone version of email. Please let me know how to overcome this problem as it is very unproductive to the recipient when they cannot have the benefit of the original message (history) as well as any attachments that accompany the original email.
2) the time lag in getting emails synched between the S6 phone and the email server sometimes takes a number of hours before the emails have been delivered (from the S6 phone to the server or vice versa). I did not have the same problem when I had the S4 phone – the response was immediate. — Kee
Solution: Hi Kee. We are not familiar with Lotus Notes/Domino email but we find it a big turn off for this app if the problem you have does exist. Just like any other email app, there must be an option or setting somewhere that should allow you send the full email history together with your own reply. Please contact the developer of the app if you have exhausted everything to look for such option.
For the sync delay issue, the problem can come from the an app bug, app setting you may have enabled, or from your email servers. Try to work with the app developer so they can give you direct assistance. You will find their contact information on their product page in Google Play Store.
Just got my S6 Edge+ 2 days ago and had set-up my emails with the stock Samsung Email Client. I could receive emails unto the phone via wifi and mobile data, perfectly fine! HOWEVER I could only send emails using wifi connection. If I shift to mobile data to send emails, it doesn’t go through.
I tried using the Gmail app to send emails via mobile data and it goes through! Hence my mobile data has no problems.
Is the email client of Samsung buggy? Its interface and menu is far different from the S5 so maybe the problem lays there.
Thanks in advance for the help. — Marco
Solution: Hi Marco. If you are unable to send an email when you’re on mobile connection, your mobile phone is most likely not setup for email correctly. We cannot give you exact details on what to do since you did not indicate what type of email you’re using. For personal email addresses like Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, AOL, etc, you can usually find online resources how to set them up properly on an S6. if you are using a company provided email through Microsoft Exchange, try asking your IT department for the correct details which include your server address, username, corporate password, and domain.
I have enjoyed using my Facebook daily, seeing my friends and families and saving some pictures , messages, and recipes to my timeline. All of a sudden 3 days ago, all posts in my Facebook says faith trending which I find weird. I don’t know the people and ALL post says trending. The usual daily posts I see, I don’t see them anymore and my Facebook friends are gone.
People now say to me they accept my requests but ALL of them I don’t know. I don’t received postings anymore from people I know. There are even bold pictures. Facebook keeps on popping to inform me names accepting my request to friend them but I never requested to send all names I don’t know. You think I was hacked or dome kind of a spam?
Please help me. I don’t know all the people who sends me their posts and where are the postings of people I know.
I also post songs that is important that I shared and saved to my timeline. — Fortuna
Solution: Hi Fortuna. We think your Facebook account has been hacked and someone is using it post something without your knowledge. Why this happened may not be known right now but what you can do to prevent further damage, especially if your phone is infected with a malware hence the Facebook hack, is to ensure that you do a factory reset. Factory reset will revert everything back to its defaults so it’s a good way to clean the phone. To do that, just follow these steps:
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.
- Press and hold the Volume Up, Home and Power keys together.
- When the device powers on and displays ‘Power on logo’, release all keys and the Android icon will appear on the screen.
- Wait until the Android Recovery Screen appears after about 30 seconds.
- Using the Volume Down key, highlight the option, ‘wipe data/factory reset’ and press the Power key to select it.
- Press the Vol Down button again until the option ‘Yes — delete all user data’ is highlighted and then press the Power key to select it.
- After the reset is complete, highlight ‘Reboot system now’ and hit the Power key to restart the phone.
Factory reset will delete your personal data like photos, videos, contacts, etc. make sure you back them up first before doing a reset.
Once you have factory reset the phone we recommend that you review all your apps and weed out suspicious or unused ones. Malware and viruses can penetrate your phone’s defenses by hiding themselves in apps. Make sure that you only install apps that you can sure to be safe.
Now, regarding your Facebook account problem, there’s really little to nothing that we can do to help you with it. The best thing that you can do is to visit the Facebook page that handles cases like this. Just click on this link to visit that page.
You can also ask assistance from Facebook community on what to do.
Recently i installed this app called the Package Disabler Pro to disable unnecessary services and apps to stop running in the background and i disabled the emergency mode service also together with others. And when today i tapped the ultra power saving mode the message was shown like this “there is a theme applied so first disable that and then go to emergency mode” and the progress bar showed 100%. so i restarted and then the Samsung screen appeared forever. So this means a bootloop and i tried to go to safe mode but no luck the same Samsung screen appearing again and i dont know what to do now …. i just need my photos to be safe so can you please help me with that would be very helpful for me
thank you. — Jayadev
Solution: Hi Joyadev. If your phone no longer boots normally or in safe mode, your personal data are good as gone. If you did back them up to cloud services like Facebook, Google Plus, etc, you may still be able to recover some of them. Otherwise, the next best thing that you can do is to simply do a factory reset, which will effectively delete all the locally saved files.
For more instructions on how to deal with boot loop issue, please visit our previous post.
Engage with us
If you are one of the users who encounters a problem with your device, let us know. We offer solutions for Android-related problems for free so if you have an issue with your Android device, simply fill in the short questionnaire in this link and we will try to publish our answers in the next posts. We cannot guarantee a quick response so if your issue is time sensitive, please find another way to resolve your problem.
When describing your issue, please be as detailed as possible so we can easily pinpoint a relevant solution. If you can, kindly include the exact error messages you are getting to give us an idea where to start. If you have already tried some troubleshooting steps before emailing us, make sure to mention them so we can skip them in our answers.
If you find this post helpful, please help us by spreading the word to your friends. TheDroidGuy has social network presence as well so you may want to interact with our community in our Facebook and Google+ pages.
- Problem #1: Outlook account on Galaxy S6 not showing all folders
- Problem #2: Galaxy S6 volume turns down by itself when listening to music via Pandora
- Problem #3: How to restore deleted emails in Galaxy S6
- Problem #4: Lotus Notes/Domino email app issue on Galaxy S6
- Problem #5: Galaxy S6 cannot send email when on mobile data connection
- Problem #6: Facebook account on Galaxy S6 hacked
- Problem #7: Galaxy S6 boot loop issue
- Engage with us