Hello Android community! This post addresses questions regarding a wide range of apps on #Samsung #GalaxyS4. Below are the specific topics mentioned in this article:
- Comments on YouTube videos disappear on Galaxy S4
- Galaxy S4 Samsung keyboard issues
- Galaxy S4 apps keep crashing
- Galaxy S4 won’t download updates from Google Play Store
- Galaxy S4 email issue
- Galaxy S4 vibrates only on notifications
- Facebook syncing question on Galaxy S4
If you are looking for solutions to your own #Android issue, you can contact us by using the link provided at the bottom of this page.
- Problem #1: Comments on YouTube videos disappear on Galaxy S4
- Problem #2: Galaxy S4 Samsung keyboard issues
- Problem #3: Galaxy S4 apps keep crashing
- Problem #4: Galaxy S4 won’t download updates from Google Play Store
- Problem #5: Galaxy S4 email issue
- Problem #6: Galaxy S4 vibrates only on notifications
- Problem #7: Facebook syncing question on Galaxy S4
- Engage with us
On YouTube, in the comments section, there are often replies to comments. Now, some of the replies show up, and there is an option to view earlier replies. However, when I click earlier replies, all replies disappear completely.
I tried to just use the Google+ app as a work-around for this, but in Google+, there are no replies on the comment whatsoever.
This is quite annoying.
Some of the things I have tried are:
- Clearing data/cache
- Uninstalling Updates
- Updating to the latest version
If there is anything I could do to fix this, I would love to know what it is. Thank you. — Jackson
Solution: Hi Jackson. It looks like this is an on-going issue with Google’s YouTube product so we recommend that you contact them or post this problem on their forums for assistance.
A thread created a couple of years ago might help help you find a fix. As far as we know, the problem is still happening from time to time. Some Reddit users also discuss this problem. Only Google can shed light on the matter so try to contact them and ask for direct assistance.
Hello. I am actually having 2 separate issues. I recently downloaded the new Lollipop upgrade and since then have been getting a notification when I pull the top bar down to choose keyboard. I choose the Samsung keyboard and that’s what I prefer but it doesn’t seem to stick. I get the choose keyboard notification at least 2 times a day. How do I get it to stop asking?
My second issue just happened today. Somehow and I’m not sure but I lost the clocking sound when typing on the keyboard. I tried a reboot and when I go to settings the sound button under Samsung keyboard is checked. I did try in checking and going back in and recheck ing but no change. When I choose the vibrate function in settings that works though. Any ideas? Thanks. — Tiffany
Solution: Hi Tiffany. Let’s answer your questions one by one. Before we proceed with the specific steps though, we recommend that you wipe the phone’s cache partition to ensure that the system cache is updated. Here’s how to do that:
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time: Volume Up key, Home key, Power key
- When the phone vibrates, let go of the Power key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key.
- When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.
- Press the Volume Down key to highlight ‘wipe cache partition.’
- Press the Power key to select. The phone will automatically restart after the cache is wiped.
If nothing changes after wiping the cache, proceed to the solutions below.
How to set an app as default
In order to tell your S4 to use Samsung keyboard everytime, you have to make sure that it’s set as default app. To do that, just follow these steps:
- Open your Messaging app and try to compose a new message to force the phone to give you which keyboard to use.
- Once you have the options, tap on Samsung keyboard and make sure to select “Always” at the bottom to make it as default app.
- Tap OK button to confirm.
The next time you try to compose a message, your phone will now remember to use Samsung keyboard.
To verify if this is the case, please do these steps:
- Press and hold the Home button.
- Tap the Task Manager icon (the one that looks like a pie chart).
- Scroll to the right and tap on Clear defaults tab to see all default apps.
- If you see the Samsung keyboard in this list, that’s a confirmation that it has been set as default.
For your second concern, please do the following:
- Go to Settings.
- Tap My Device tab.
- Tap Sound.
- Scroll down to Samsung keyboard section and make sure that Key-tap sound and Key-tap vibration boxes are checked.
Good Day. I’m having a lot of problems with my Samsung Galaxy S4. Two weeks ago, I got a message upon starting my phone saying, ‘uids on the system are inconsistent you need to wipe your data partition or your device will be unstable.’ I always click on ‘I’m feeling lucky button’ and I could use my phone without any issue.
Today I was using my phone, and three new messages are preventing me to do it. It cannot open any app or navigate the desktop. I can only answer calls or open an email when I see the notification at the notification bar. The other messages are:
- Process system isn’t responding. Do you want to close it?
- Unfortunately, TouchWiz home has stopped.
- Unfortunately. the process android. process. media has stopped.
I would like to at least make a backup and save all my data but unfortunately now I cannot open my mobile. It’s looking like “Dead”.
What can I do?
I hope you can give solution. I am waiting your reply. — Arshad
Solution: Hi Arshad. The messages you’re getting indicates that some apps have crashed but we think you can still connect your S4 to a computer so you can save your personal data to it. Once you have saved your files to a computer, make sure to do a factory reset to clean your phone. To do that, just follow these steps:
- Switch your phone off.
- Hold down the Power, Volume Up and Home buttons at the same time for about 10 seconds. Release them when the Android logo appears on the screen. This will bring up the unlock/reset menu.
- To navigate through this menu, use the volume up/down buttons to scroll up and down and the power button to confirm selections.
- Scroll down and select Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Scroll down and select Yes – Delete All User Data.
- When prompted, scroll to and select Reboot System Now. The phone will then reboot to its factory settings.
Wouldn’t update its current apps or download new ones. It would have the download arrow at the top of the screen when it began trying to download but then would disappear and the download bar below the app would keep twirling. But nothing would ever happen. Call Google play help people and did everything they said to. Nothing worked. So I did a factory reset and it still won’t download anything or update anything. It doesn’t even show the arrow at the top anymore when it tries. Don’t know what else to do. Looked through your article, nothing helped. Hoping you can. It’s my son’s and when he finds out nothing can be downloaded onto it and his old games are gone, he’s going to flip out! — Shelley
Solution: Hi Shelley. Is this phone rooted? Did you install any third party application that might block Google Play Store? Answers to these questions depend on what you have. Some third party apps designed to block Google updates and Play Store might be behind this trouble.
In the meantime, make sure that Download Manager service is turned on. To do that, just follow these steps:
- Open your device’s main Settings app.
- Touch Apps or Application manager (depending on your device, this may be different).
- Near the top of your screen, you’ll see several sections like “Downloaded,” “Running,” or “All.” Swipe right until you see “All.”
- Touch Download Manager.
- To turn Download Manager on, touch Enable. If you see Disable, you already have Download Manager turned on and don’t need to make any changes.
After making sure that Download Manager is enabled, try to check that you have enough storage space to accommodate the update files.
I maintain an MSN Outlook email account for a client so I need his email account on my phone…But I don’t want his contacts to sync with mine. In the settings, general, accounts section, I turned off the sync option but it continued to sync….So I press my bottom left menu button and select the option to remove the account. It will appear to be gone but it always comes back whenever I restart my phone and within an hour or so later even without restarting my phone.
Also, now I have the problem of having his 1,000+ clients synced with mine =/ and I desperately need only his deleted without losing mine and I don’t have the time to do that by sifting through that many one by one. Any chance there’s a way to undo that initial sync?
Thank you for your time. I hope you can help me. — Lisa
Solution: Hi Lisa. Unfortunately, there is no way to undo the sync command. You either have to recreate your account on the device, or manually remove the contacts.
Phone only vibrates for notifications. Alarms do not work either. Those are the only things affected. Tried to wipe memory cache, no success. Booted to safe mode, no change in safe mode either. All volumes are up in every setting. Set priorities to high. When I go to change the sound for either notifications or the alarm, when choosing a noise it does not play a preview. Tried disabling applications, un installing them also to see if it fixes it. Sounds play normal through a Bluetooth device when paired but nothing but a vibrate out of the phone. When someone calls the standard ringtone still works fine. When watching a YouTube video or playing music from Pandora, sound works fine.
Tried looking for days on Google for a solution and still no joy. Thank you for your time. — Lee
Solution: Hi Lee. There may be a firmware-level glitch causing this trouble. Try to do a factory reset (steps provided above) and see if that will resolve the issue.
I have seen this question on several forums recently with no good answer. I would like to sync my Facebook albums with my Gallery WITHOUT having Facebook upload EVERY picture I take into my “private” Facebook gallery. Something has changed recently to seemingly only allow syncing when Facebook syncs ALL your pictures. I ONLY want to sync my Facebook albums with my Samsung S4 gallery. I do not want to automatically upload any other pictures.
Thanks for checking into this. When I select “sync” photos, it also seems to now give Facebook permission to upload every new photo I take to my “private” gallery. — Mark
Solution: Hi Mark. As far as we know, there’s no way to customize sync feature on Facebook the way you want it. The synching option is all or nothing and you can only either turn it on or off.
For more product-specific support from Facebook, try to contact them or visit their help page.
Engage with us
If you are one of the users who encounters a problem with your device, let us know. We offer solutions for Android-related problems for free so if you have an issue with your Android device, simply fill in the short questionnaire in this link and we will try to publish our answers in the next posts. We cannot guarantee a quick response so if your issue is time sensitive, please find another way to resolve your problem.
When describing your issue, please be as detailed as possible so we can easily pinpoint a relevant solution. If you can, kindly include the exact error messages you are getting to give us an idea where to start. If you have already tried some troubleshooting steps before emailing us, make sure to mention them so we can skip them in our answers.
If you find this post helpful, please help us by spreading the word to your friends. TheDroidGuy has social network presence as well so you may want to interact with our community in our Facebook and Google+ pages.