It’s not uncommon to see manufacturers bringing some of their native apps to the #PlayStore in order to allow easy updates. #Motorola has done this with several of its apps before and has now followed up by putting up the stock email client on the Google’s app hub. Known simply as Moto Email, the app is available by default on all Motorola devices and is not compatible with any other device.
On the occasion of bringing it to the Play Store, Motorola also announced a couple of new features that would be making its way to the email client. Here’s the changelog:
- Disable sync while roaming
- Progressive search capability for emails
- Attach pictures from Camera in composer
- Notifications for attachment download failures/cancellations
- New option “Select All” for email operations
- Customize peak time sync schedule
- New option to choose number of emails to sync for POP account
- New safe way of communicating with Google Gmail server using OAuth 2.0
- Bug fixes and stability improvements.
Source: Google Play Store
Via: Android Central