Hey guys. I addressed 7 texting related problems that any Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ (#Samsung #GalaxyS6EdgePlus) owner may encounter. Texting is not limited to SMS so I also answered questions regarding MMS, attachments, keyboard issues, signature, etc.
If you contacted us, try to browse through the problems I cited below, yours may have been included. But in case you found this page because you were searching for a solution to your problem, then visit our Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ Troubleshooting page as we list down all issues we already addressed. Find problems related to yours and try the solutions we provided. If they won’t work, then contact us by filling up this form.
Here are the problems I addressed in this post…
- Galaxy S6 Edge+ can’t attach pictures to text
- User can’t hit the number 6 on Galaxy S6 Edge+
- Galaxy S6 Edge+ has no signature option
- Can’t download attachments sent via MMS
- Text messages weren’t delivered using Galaxy S6 Edge+
- Galaxy S6 Edge Plus doesn’t show accented characters
- Google account of previous owner needed on Galaxy S6 Edge+
Galaxy S6 Edge+ can’t attach pictures to text
Problem: Cannot add an attachment to a text. I can only send the attachment by itself. When you hit the paperclip and self the picture, the word ATTACH on the left is in black and it does nothing, but the word Send is in red and is the only option that works and it immediately send the picture by itself.
I found a work around and that is to create a brand new text, add the attachment – then the text and THEN add the contact and the pic will send with the text. I get a new phone at least once a year and had the Note Edge prior to this S6 Edge Plus and never had this issue. Is this purely a 5.1.1 issue only as it work phone with 5.0.1 on my Note Edge.
Troubleshooting: I’m glad you found a workaround to this problem. This is not a common problem but there were owners who also have the same complains as yours. So, I think it’s an issue with the firmware itself or just the app. But the question is, did this problem occur just recently or is it already like this since day 1? If your phone already had this problem out of the box, then it’s the firmware and no other procedure can fix this except, maybe, an update.
However, if the problem started recently or if you noticed it started a few months after you got the phone, then it probably just an issue with the messaging app. I suggest you clear the cache and data of the app to see if that would make a difference.
- From any Home screen, tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll to ‘APPLICATIONS,’ then tap Application manager.
- Swipe right to the ALL screen.
- Scroll to and tap Messages.
- Tap Clear cache.
- Tap Clear data, then OK.
If the problem persists after following the instructions above, then reset the phone but don’t forget to backup your data first.
Related Problem: I seem to be unable to send a text message that includes both my text and a picture from my gallery together. I take the same steps I always have but it just sends the pictures without my text info. I end up having to send two separate text…one with the pic and then the text follow up.
User can’t hit the number 6 on Galaxy S6 Edge+
Problem: I cannot hit the number six, it brings up 5 or 7 every time and sometimes both. Also just below six is y… y sometimes brings up u or t with it. Every other key on keyboard is good. Is there a keyboard calibration or reset i can do? Cheers.
Troubleshooting: You don’t need keyboard calibration to know if it’s a keyboard problem or a touchscreen issue. Try hitting the number 6 or Y in both portrait and landscape mode. If they function well in a different orientation, it’s most likely a touchscreen issue. The next thing to do to further troubleshoot the problem is to hit the characters that are in the same area as the 6 or Y. If they, too, won’t function, then you need to see a technician about it for further assessment.
However, if both the number 6 and letter Y aren’t keyed in in both orientations, then there’s a possibility it’s just a keyboard issue or a firmware problem. Try to clear the cache and data of the keyboard you’re using. If the problem won’t work, then you need to perform the master reset.
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.
- Press and hold the Volume Up, Home and Power keys together.
- When the device powers on and displays ‘Power on logo’, release all keys and the Android icon will appear on the screen.
- Wait until the Android Recovery Screen appears after about 30 seconds.
- Using the Volume Down key, highlight the option, ‘wipe data/factory reset’ and press the Power key to select it.
- Press the Vol Down button again until the option ‘Yes — delete all user data’ is highlighted and then press the Power key to select it.
- After the reset is complete, highlight ‘Reboot system now’ and hit the Power key to restart the phone.
Galaxy S6 Edge+ has no signature option
Problem: I just bought this phone and it has absolutely no signature for text messages on it. I love having a signature on my phone and this S6 edge doesn’t have one.
Answer: Other models of Galaxy S6 Edge Plus have the signature option in message settings but it seems like your unit is among ones that don’t have it. There’s not much you can do about it as signatures are actually proprietary addition and your service provider may have taken it out on purpose.
Can’t download attachments sent via MMS
Problem: When I receive text messages I am unable to download and open any attachments. I cannot attach any files either.
Troubleshooting: Text messages with attached pictures or simply known as MMS can only be transmitted via mobile network. If you can’t send, receive or download attachments, then these are the things you need to do:
- Make sure mobile data is enabled in your phone.
- If mobile data is enabled but you still can’t send or receive MMS, then check the APN Settings in your phone. In case you don’t know the correct APN, call your provider and ask for the correct one.
- Make sure attachments don’t go beyond the size limit set by your provider. You may call your carrier and ask for the size allowed to be transmitted via text.
Text messages weren’t delivered using Galaxy S6 Edge+
Problem: I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+. I upgraded from a Note 2. I send out words of inspiration. I have been doing this for 5 years and about 3 weeks ago my messages were still not getting delivered. So I thought something was wrong with the phone, so I upgraded. Same problem. Went to the Sprint store every day last week, they told me the system looks at them as spam because I send so many (I send 150 per morning) so then it shuts my texting off for about 12 hours. Tech support told me I need to get another app. I have tried all of them and still get the same thing. Do you think I need to get another phone would that help.
Troubleshooting: There’s not much you can do about the problem on your end because as what you said, your provider tagged those messages as “spammy.” What you can do is talk with your provider or send your messages by batches just so you couldn’t reach the limit.
Galaxy S6 Edge Plus doesn’t show accented characters
Problem: We recently moved to USA from Belgium. We bought new phones from T-Mobile. We use accents with some characters. Mine works fine and shows everything. But the other phone does not. This occurred after the android pay updated. Do you have any ideas or clues as to why or how to fix it? T-Mobile has no clue. Screenshots available if you need. Thank you.
Solution: Just change the keyboard’s language to use Belgian.
- From the Home screen, tap the Apps icon.
- Find and tap Settings.
- Scroll to and tap Language and input.
- Tap Samsung keyboard.
- Touch Select Input Language.
- Tap the status switch beside the language you want to use to turn in on.
- When composing a text, just swipe right or left on the Space Bar to toggle between languages.
Google account of previous owner needed on Galaxy S6 Edge+
Problem: Phone was recently bought off of Craigslist and now it is saying I need Google account information of previous owner. The phone was factory reset before I bought it.
Troubleshooting: The phone may have been setup after the reset. If his or her account is needed to gain access to the phone, then you need to reset it again. Just follow the instructions above on how to perform a master reset. Once finished, setup the phone using your Google account. And that’s all you need to do to make your phone your own.
Connect with us
We are always open to your problems, questions and suggestions, so feel free to contact us by filling up this form. We support every Android device available and we are serious in what we do. This is a free service we offer and we won’t charge you a penny for it. But please note that we receive hundreds of emails every day and it’s impossible for us to respond to every single one of them. But rest assured we read every message we receive. For those whom we’ve helped, please spread the word by sharing our posts to your friends or by simply liking our Facebook and Google+ page or follow us on Twitter.