After the standard variant of the Galaxy S4 on AT&T got its Lollipop update earlier this month, it was inevitable that the Active would get the update as well. The update is now rolling out to Galaxy S4 Active users OTA. Here are the release notes for the update:
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Highlights
- Songs, photos, apps, and even recent searches from one Android device can be immediately enjoyed across all of your Android devices.
- New User Interface look and feel, more fluid motions
- Priority mode to only allow certain notifications to get through
- Battery saving features and remaining time left to charge or deplete indicators
- Smart Lock to secure phone or tablet by pairing it with a trusted device like a wearable or car
- Most frequently used settings available with just two swipes down from the top screen
- Details at: http://www.android.com/versions/lollipop-5-0/
Since this device is two years old, it’s likely that it will not be updated anymore. The specific build of Android is 5.0.1, with many of the same Galaxy S4 elements buried throughout the update. If you have this phone, remember to be on Wifi when you update it, as it is close to 1 GB in size.