The debate is still going on about who is now the #3 carrier in the US, but Sprint is trying to keep their position with a new deal. Starting today, people who switch to Sprint from another carriers will have all their costs to do so reimbursed.
If this type of deal sounds familiar, that’s because T-Mobile has been doing a similar program since last year. However, there are no monetary limits with any device so Sprint has the advantage there.
When you switch and port your number over to Sprint, you must select either a Sprint Easy Pay plan, the iPhone for Life plan, a Sprint Lease plan, or pay full-price for a device. If you select a different plan, this deal will not apply. Any contracts or device installment plans will be fully paid off, with a few prerequisites:
- Bring your number from any other carrier with an early termination fee or phone installment plan balance.
- Activate a device on Sprint Easy Pay, iPhone for Life Plan, Sprint Lease or pay full retail price with a new line of service2.
- Complete an online registration www.sprint.com/joinsprint and upload a bill that shows applicable charges for reimbursement within 60 days of activation.
- Customers are required to turn in competitor phones (in good working condition) tied to the bill they submitted. To make this simple and hassle free, customers will receive a prepaid return kit in the mail.
- Award is paid via American Express® Reward Card after online registration.
So like other carriers’ offers, you must submit proof of switching and turn in your old devices that have any fees due on your former carriers. Sprint isn’t known for their data coverage and speeds, but RootMetrics labeled them as the 3rd best-performing network, so you might get lucky.