Sony has just announced its Xperia T3 Android smartphone which it calls as the “the world’s slimmest 5.3-inch phone.” This device is just 7mm thick, which isn’t really that slim, but is already impressive for a mid-range model. It is also made of a durable stainless steel material that gives it a premium look.
The first thing consumers will notice with the Sony Xperia T3 is its 5.3 inch display that has a 720p resolution. Although the display doesn’t have a full HD resolution it is still able to show sharp and crisp images due to its use of an HD TRILUMINOS display for mobile and Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2 technology.
The device itself makes use of a stainless steel frame based on the traditional OmniBalance design. Its back portion is made of matte plastic which comes in white, black or purple.
Calum MacDougall, Director of Xperia Marketing at Sony Mobile Communications, says that the “Xperia T3 has been crafted with attention to detail for those who know how to appreciate distinctive design in their everyday life. The T3 is packed with the latest beautiful technology from Sony – including leading digital imaging expertise and a vivid HD display – all within a stylish, stainless steel frame. The combination of this beautiful technology and the premium design ensures the T3 immediately stands apart from the competition.”
One of the features that Sony is highlighting on this device is its suite of camera apps that enhances the way users create and share their photos.
- Social Live: Allows users to broadcast in real time important events as they happen over at Facebook.
- AR Effect: Gives the camera new sound effects and fun animations which can be included in photos and videos.
- Timeshift Burst: Allows the camera to take 31 frames in just a span of two seconds wven befroe the shutter button is pressed. This feature ensures that the perfect picture will be captured
- Creative Effects: Gives photos and videos taken an artistic edge by applying several effects.
- Portrait Retouch: Don’t like the way a photo looks? You can simply use this tool to make it look its best.
The other features of the Xperia T3 include Android 4.4.2 KitKat, Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 MSM8X28 chipset with 1.4GHz quad-core processor and Adreno 305 graphics, 1GB RAM and 8GB internal storage with micro SD memory card, 8MP Exmor RS rear camera, 1.1MP 720p Exmor R front-facing camera, a 2500mAh sealed battery, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi 2.4 GHz/5 GHz (802.11a/b/g/n), ANT+ and NFC.
This device will be launched globally this end of July with a still to be announced price.