Are you looking for a unique smartphone? Maybe a high-end model that’s plated in 24 carat gold? Then you might want to check out the latest contest of HTC. The company is holding a contest to celebrate its winning the “best phone of 2013” as announced over its Twitter account. One lucky winner will get the HTC One (M7) in 24 carat gold.
Joining the contest is simple. There’s no purchase or payment needed to join however one requirement to be eligible to win is that those who wish to join must be a resident of the UK. The contest has already started and will end this coming June 29. If you wish to join thr contest all you need to do is to follow @HTC_UK. You must retweet the entry tweet that is tweeted by @HTC_UK. Only one entry is allowed per person and multiple entrants may not share the same Twitter account. A random winner will be drawn at the end of the contest period.
The 24ct gold-plated HTC One (M7) is valued at over $2500 and has the same specs as the regular HTC One (M7). Its only difference is that it is gold-plated. This isn’t the first gold device that the company has released as a previous 18 carat model was made available to celebrate the18th anniversary of the MOBO awards. This model was more expensive having a price of $4400 due to the fact that its body was really made of gold and not just gold-plated.
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE support; 3G with HSPA; LTE
- 4.7inch 16M-color 1080p Super LCD3 capacitive touchscreen, 469ppi
- Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with Sense UI 5.0
- Quad-core 1.7 GHz Krait 300 CPU
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 chipset
- 2 GB RAM
- Adreno 320 GPU
- 4 MP autofocus “UltraPixel” camera with 1/3″ sensor size, 2µm pixel size; LED flash
- 1080p video recording @ 30fps with HDR mode, continuous autofocus and stereo sound
- HTC Zoe
- 2.1 MP front-facing camera, 1080p video recording
- Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct and DLNA; Wireless TV out
- GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS
- 32/64GB of built-in storage
- MHL-enabled microUSB port
- Bluetooth v4.0
- Standard 3.5 mm audio jack
- Accelerometer and proximity sensor
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- Aluminum unibody
- Front-mounted stereo speakers with BoomSound tech
While the HTC One (M7) is clearly outclassed by the current HTC One (M8) it is still a very capable device. Since it is being offered for free and in 24 carat gold it is even more desirable this time around.
If you are living in the UK and are interested in winning this device then check out the link below.