Sony has just dropped the price of its Xperia Z Ultra LTE phablet from $679.99 down to $449.99. That’s a huge $230 savings for anyone interested in getting this device which is now being offered by the Sony store in the US. Just a few days ago the Google Play Edition of the Xperia Z Ultra also had its price lowered to $449 from $649. These price reductions usually mean that a successor is about to hit the market soon, which in this case is going to be the Xperia Z Ultra 2.
- 6.4-inch 16M-color 1080p capacitive touchscreen Triluminos display (344ppi pixel density); X-Reality engine
- Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with custom UI
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset
- Quad-core 2.2 GHz Krait 400 CPU
- Adreno 330 GPU
- 2 GB RAM
- 16GB of internal storage expandable using microSD card
- 8 MP autofocus camera with geo-tagging, HDR
- 1080p video recording @ 30fps, continuous autofocus and stereo sound
- 2 MP front-facing camera, 1080p video recording
- IP 58 certification – dust resistant and water resistant
- Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct and DLNA; Wireless TV out
- GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS
- MHL-enabled microUSB port
- Bluetooth v4.0
- Accelerometer and proximity sensor
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- 3050 mAh battery
What makes the Sony Xperia Z Ultra LTE stand out is that it uses a 6.4-inch display with a 1920 x 1080 that delivers one of the best viewing experiences in a mobile device. It may be bigger than the average smartphone yet it is still slim and light making it quite easy to carry around.
Despite looking fragile this device is really tougher than it looks. It uses a tempered glass that comes with an anti-shatter film making it able to withstand accidental drops. Speaking of drops, this device is also IP58 certified which makes it dust and water resistant. You can be assured that even if you drop this device in a pool or in a sink it won’t get damaged.
Its LTE radio onboard means that consumers will be able to get online at blazingly fast speeds (network dependent) and since this device is being sold unlocked then buyers have the freedom to choose which network they will be using this on.
With all the great features of the Xperia Z Ultra LTE what we probably don’t like is that its camera does not come with a flash. The rear camera is 8MP capable of 1080p recording however if you try to use his at low lighting conditions then the photos taken won’t turn out great at all.
If you are willing to ignore the fact that this device does not come with a flash then at $449.99 it is already a bargain.